Global Visas...Application denied

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:54 pm
Onwards towards BC

bedoveruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Global Visas...Application denied

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
No problems - if your case worker cannot answer your questions for you - contact a higher being there. It is right for them to fob you off on this.
The situation is this as far as education goes (its Doug by the way) I left school after sitting my exams and went straight into being an apprentice with the company I am still with,I didnt attend college as the company employed 4 carpenters ,one of them being my father,who taught me every apsect of carpentry,I was also educated on site by plasterers,bricklayers,pavers and demolition
The gas certificate was obtained by myself by attending college for 5 consecutive weeks and thenm sitting a 7 hour written and 7 hour practical exam.I was on the course with guys who had been doing the job for years,whereas my experience was of about 2 years working with a friend doing central heating installations.I finished 2nd on both exams with a 100% pass....it would appear I pick things up very quickly as I learnt in 5 weeks the same things that had taken the other guys 3 years.
I have certification for the gas,but obviously none for the carpentry unless my CEO of 25 years who is a chartered surveyor with degrees/diplomas does me a letter of competence
Doug
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bedoveruk
The situation is this as far as education goes (its Doug by the way) I left school after sitting my exams and went straight into being an apprentice with the company I am still with,I didnt attend college as the company employed 4 carpenters ,one of them being my father,who taught me every apsect of carpentry,I was also educated on site by plasterers,bricklayers,pavers and demolition
The gas certificate was obtained by myself by attending college for 5 consecutive weeks and thenm sitting a 7 hour written and 7 hour practical exam.I was on the course with guys who had been doing the job for years,whereas my experience was of about 2 years working with a friend doing central heating installations.I finished 2nd on both exams with a 100% pass....it would appear I pick things up very quickly as I learnt in 5 weeks the same things that had taken the other guys 3 years.
I have certification for the gas,but obviously none for the carpentry unless my CEO of 25 years who is a chartered surveyor with degrees/diplomas does me a letter of competence
Doug
That would be the issue then - you don't have one years post secondary education. GV should have picked up on this and should have informed you that you were not eligible due to a lack of points.

I assume you do not have an apprenticeship contract to prove you did that?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:26 pm
Onwards towards BC

That would be the issue then - you don't have one years post secondary education. GV should have picked up on this and should have informed you that you were not eligible due to a lack of points.

I assume you do not have an apprenticeship contract to prove you did that?
Not from a college,but I could get one from my employer...if that would help.I have all this knowledge and now dont know how to prove it without a piece of paper?!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:34 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Not from a college,but I could get one from my employer...if that would help.I have all this knowledge and now dont know how to prove it without a piece of paper?!
Hmm. Thing is I am not sure a letter from your employer would cut it - it MIGHT work but an actual Apprenticeship contract from back in the day would be so much better. Do you have any actual proof you were an apprentice? Contract of employment stating this?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Doug

Sorry to hear your bad news. When you did your online visa assessment Global Visa's should have picked up on this for sure! but i can see why Nova scotia came back with the decision they made. If you have no formal apprenticeship (city & Guilds) then you shouldn't have been told you would have been awarded points for a work only based apprenticeship and as the gas course was only 5 weeks then you can't have expected to get a years worth of post secondary education for that.

I have used them for my application and found them to be quite thorough but since emailing me my PER i haven't had to speak to them as i have been tracking my process via ecas. Lets hope there there for me at then next stage. Quite worrying though.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:50 pm
Onwards towards BC

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
Sorry to hear your bad news. When you did your online visa assessment Global Visa's should have picked up on this for sure! but i can see why Nova scotia came back with the decision they made. If you have no formal apprenticeship (city & Guilds) then you shouldn't have been told you would have been awarded points for a work only based apprenticeship and as the gas course was only 5 weeks then you can't have expected to get a years worth of post secondary education for that.

I have used them for my application and found them to be quite thorough but since emailing me my PER i haven't had to speak to them as i have been tracking my process via ecas. Lets hope there there for me at then next stage. Quite worrying though.
We have had far too many case workers,they keep leaving,hardly speak english and obviously,dont bother to check documents throughly enough,they dont respond to emails,dont pick up the phone and when they do reply they answer a totally different question to the one youve asked.....Good luck
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:53 pm

We have had far too many case workers,they keep leaving,hardly speak english and obviously,dont bother to check documents throughly enough,they dont respond to emails,dont pick up the phone and when they do reply they answer a totally different question to the one youve asked.....Good luck
How are you going to proceed now?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:42 pm
Onwards towards BC

How are you going to proceed now?
have contacted a few companies to see about sponsorship,Ceo of one of the large construction companies couldnt believe that Id been knocked back because of paperwork when I have all the skills and more that they are looking for,so it looks like Im going to have to get a sponsor and possibly get some canadian work experience in first
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:14 pm

have contacted a few companies to see about sponsorship,Ceo of one of the large construction companies couldnt believe that Id been knocked back because of paperwork when I have all the skills and more that they are looking for,so it looks like Im going to have to get a sponsor and possibly get some canadian work experience in first
Well that is positive at least - fingers crossed all works out for you - keep us all posted x