Global Visas...Application denied

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Visas...Application denied

cic do return you application if you ask them. They returned mine (just took a couple of months). Contact them directly and tell them that you are no longer using your agent and that you want it sent direct to yourselves
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:57 am
Onwards towards BC

bedoveruk is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to be a pain, we've never had to do this but.... do we have to apply for a CSQ cert, if we are applying under my husbands work ex and going as skilled worker? argh i'm lost now
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:35 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bedoveruk
This is part of the email forwarded to us from GV, from the cic,

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.
Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

You were assigned 5 points for your educational credential at the secondary level. Although your Certificate of Competence in Domestic Nat Gas Safety was on file, transcripts were not on file to confirm the number of years of education.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to "this Act" include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.
Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
JM
Program Support Officer
Immigration Section
Case Processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Okay so what they are saying is that they have only awarded him 5 points for secondary education as they have no proof of how long the Gas Cert took him to study for it - was nothing written down on the application form about this?

I have recently been in contact with CIC requesting the return of a clients papers and they will not return them. They informed me they are part of their file and as such they have to keep them. Global Visa's should have kept a copy of your pack and you would hope they would forward this to you if you asked them too.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:06 am
Onwards towards BC

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Okay so what they are saying is that they have only awarded him 5 points for secondary education as they have no proof of how long the Gas Cert took him to study for it - was nothing written down on the application form about this?

I have recently been in contact with CIC requesting the return of a clients papers and they will not return them. They informed me they are part of their file and as such they have to keep them. Global Visa's should have kept a copy of your pack and you would hope they would forward this to you if you asked them too.
no they only awarded him the 5 points because of the gas cert, as secondary high school transcript was not in the information we had sent, we were sent a list from gv of what needed to be sent to their selves but nothing about any high school transcripts as for asking for the copies of paperwork, we have done so but she has nothing and has said we have to submit it all again!!

been going through all the new paper work you have to submit, seems there were a lot of information gv didnt ask for, like we didnt know we had to get a job offer, or send any information for myself (the wife) on high school transcripts too,
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:17 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

no they only awarded him the 5 points because of the gas cert, as secondary high school transcript was not in the information we had sent, we were sent a list from gv of what needed to be sent to their selves but nothing about any high school transcripts as for asking for the copies of paperwork, we have done so but she has nothing and has said we have to submit it all again!!

been going through all the new paper work you have to submit, seems there were a lot of information gv didnt ask for, like we didnt know we had to get a job offer, or send any information for myself (the wife) on high school transcripts too,
Nope - 5 points is awarded for ONLY secondary education - they needed more information on the gas cert to prove it was a one year course or more to award points for it.

What NOC were they applying under for him?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:22 am
Onwards towards BC

Nope - 5 points is awarded for ONLY secondary education - they needed more information on the gas cert to prove it was a one year course or more to award points for it.

What NOC were they applying under for him?
arr right, we misunderstood our rep she bumbled a lot! the noc code is 7215
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:26 am

arr right, we misunderstood our rep she bumbled a lot! the noc code is 7215
Okay so you don't need a job offer as that is on the list of eligible occupations. What you need to see is a copy of your husbands schedule 1 to see what information they put on it for his education. Did they only list his secondary education, but include a copy of his gas cert in the application pack?

How many years POST secondary education does he have?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:40 am
Onwards towards BC

Okay so you don't need a job offer as that is on the list of eligible occupations. What you need to see is a copy of your husbands schedule 1 to see what information they put on it for his education. Did they only list his secondary education, but include a copy of his gas cert in the application pack?

How many years POST secondary education does he have?
1979-1985 for high school, 1986-1989 college for c&g then 2003-2004 college for c&g Gas, Ive found my copy yey haha
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:02 pm

1979-1985 for high school, 1986-1989 college for c&g then 2003-2004 college for c&g Gas, Ive found my copy yey haha
And you provided proof of all the post secondary education?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:40 pm
Onwards towards BC

And you provided proof of all the post secondary education?
we didnt know we had to, so we just sent off cert's that my husband got from college
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:03 pm

we didnt know we had to, so we just sent off cert's that my husband got from college
Hmm it's all a bit odd - if the schedule 1 stated his post secondary education AND he supplied certs to back this up - then I am confused as to why they are saying they are only awarding him 5 points.

Do Global Visa's agree with this outcome from CIC? If they do not then they should be writing a letter of appeal to CIO stating why they believe they are wrong and asking them to put your pack back into processing.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:09 pm
Onwards towards BC

Hmm it's all a bit odd - if the schedule 1 stated his post secondary education AND he supplied certs to back this up - then I am confused as to why they are saying they are only awarding him 5 points.

Do Global Visa's agree with this outcome from CIC? If they do not then they should be writing a letter of appeal to CIO stating why they believe they are wrong and asking them to put your pack back into processing.
to be honest we cant get anything ot of global visa's they just keep stating we have to do all the information again, I sent them an email this morning asking on which steps to take now, but yet again they dont rush to get back to you, and again no one is answering the phone.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:15 pm

to be honest we cant get anything ot of global visa's they just keep stating we have to do all the information again, I sent them an email this morning asking on which steps to take now, but yet again they dont rush to get back to you, and again no one is answering the phone.
Where are they based?

I would e-mail them asking outright - do they agree with the response from CIO - do you only achieve 5 points for education with the information provided to them?

If so, why did they not pick up on this before and if not, then they need to write a letter outlining how many point they feel you should be awarded for education and why and ask for your pack to be put back in for processing.

Good luck!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:30 pm
Onwards towards BC

Where are they based?

I would e-mail them asking outright - do they agree with the response from CIO - do you only achieve 5 points for education with the information provided to them?

If so, why did they not pick up on this before and if not, then they need to write a letter outlining how many point they feel you should be awarded for education and why and ask for your pack to be put back in for processing.

Good luck!
Yes we done all this one the phone with the women yesterday but her english was very limited, she didnt answer any questions we asked either, I sent an email this morning stating all of the above, they have an address for london but as seeing on here they are no as helpful as we first thought!!

Thank you so much for your help and information you have given me, you've been a massive help
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:33 pm

Yes we done all this one the phone with the women yesterday but her english was very limited, she didnt answer any questions we asked either, I sent an email this morning stating all of the above, they have an address for london but as seeing on here they are no as helpful as we first thought!!

Thank you so much for your help and information you have given me, you've been a massive help
No problems - if your case worker cannot answer your questions for you - contact a higher being there. It is right for them to fob you off on this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.