Global Visas...Application denied

Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:05 pm
Onwards towards BC

bedoveruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Global Visas...Application denied

Just had a phone call from our case worker at Global Visas,apparently our case has been denied because we did not score enough points on the education rule.
This is the second time they have submited them,and they are supposed to check that everything is there before sending them in,...not so,it would appear that not all my education information was there and now we have to re submit ALL the forms that we originally sent in,including and expensive IELTS form,and the fact that all our paperwork was certified by a solicitor,at our cost.
Have asked Global for a copy of the email from the Canadian Gov,on why they have not taken the application......
Now what????? ...........As it was put to us,we now have to send everything again!!!!! and all because a secondary school form showing my grades is not there......erm hello....Im 43 years old!!
Has anybody else had this issue...and what now......Please help!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Visas...Application denied

Sounds like you should consider doing it yourself since that company sounds rather hopeless.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:00 pm
Onwards towards BC

Thats what we are thinking ourselves, just dont know where to start though and how to do this. Any help would be great
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you're applying as Federal Skilled Worker? If so, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp

They've improved the website a fair bit lately so hopefully it's easy enough to understand.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

matt_t is on a distinguished road

Cut out the middle man. From what I remember reading if your not successful then your application is returned to you and processing fee returned or not charged at all. Surely global visas will have your application returned to them? The first step is a completeness check and if the application is not complete then it is returned.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:31 pm
Onwards towards BC

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
I assume you're applying as Federal Skilled Worker? If so, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/index.asp

They've improved the website a fair bit lately so hopefully it's easy enough to understand.
Yeah my husband is a Joiner so going on his work and education, thank you very much for those websites I'm now sat here trying to go through it all haha, hopefully get all the paper work going again
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:35 pm
Onwards towards BC

Originally Posted by matt_t
Cut out the middle man. From what I remember reading if your not successful then your application is returned to you and processing fee returned or not charged at all. Surely global visas will have your application returned to them? The first step is a completeness check and if the application is not complete then it is returned.
Yes we thought this also, but global sent us the email from cic, stating that they will not return the paperwork and that we cant add any additional information to the application we have to submit it all again, as for payment the took that a month and a half ago, and no mention of having that refunded as with the cic because education transcripts were not in the application, but his gas cert was they only took that in to consideration
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bedoveruk
Yes we thought this also, but global sent us the email from cic, stating that they will not return the paperwork and that we cant add any additional information to the application we have to submit it all again, as for payment the took that a month and a half ago, and no mention of having that refunded as with the cic because education transcripts were not in the application, but his gas cert was they only took that in to consideration
Thats terrible luck. I almost don't believe what they are telling you. I'm sure there are others who have gone with Global on here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

If you look at the official instruction guide, go to page 51 (What Happens Next) maybe this could be brought up with Global. As you mentioned our applications are very valuble not to mention doing the language test again.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:58 pm
Onwards towards BC

I Know my husband is heart broken we have waited since Feb 2010 pay out thousands to get this half hearted information back, it was as if they were trying to blame us for the mess up!! anyways onwards and upwards, i'm sat here printing that instruction guide out, just one question if you dont mind, where do I get all the forms again haha
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:58 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

you may want to do a search of this forum for global visas, here is one thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611119
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

I Know my husband is heart broken we have waited since Feb 2010 pay out thousands to get this half hearted information back, it was as if they were trying to blame us for the mess up!! anyways onwards and upwards, i'm sat here printing that instruction guide out, just one question if you dont mind, where do I get all the forms again haha
All of the forms are here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp

Be sure to read the page the forms are on too. It appears to have changed slightly since the last time you probably filled them out.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:09 pm
Onwards towards BC

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
you may want to do a search of this forum for global visas, here is one thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611119
Omg!! I'm so shocked, they had been the same with us we'd spent all that money, and wasted all that time!! grrrr how do people sleep at night!!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Omg!! I'm so shocked, they had been the same with us we'd spent all that money, and wasted all that time!! grrrr how do people sleep at night!!
Probably on Egyptian silk bed-linens with a very high threadcount :P

But yeah, in all seriousness, it's very unfortunate what happened to you, just a lesson about being careful on the internet I suppose.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Jul 21st 2011 at 9:32 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:48 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a phone call from our case worker at Global Visas,apparently our case has been denied because we did not score enough points on the education rule.
This is the second time they have submited them,and they are supposed to check that everything is there before sending them in,...not so,it would appear that not all my education information was there and now we have to re submit ALL the forms that we originally sent in,including and expensive IELTS form,and the fact that all our paperwork was certified by a solicitor,at our cost.
Have asked Global for a copy of the email from the Canadian Gov,on why they have not taken the application......
Now what????? ...........As it was put to us,we now have to send everything again!!!!! and all because a secondary school form showing my grades is not there......erm hello....Im 43 years old!!
Has anybody else had this issue...and what now......Please help!
Is that the reason GV gave for CIC returning the pack or what the letter/e-mail from CIC said - that they returned it because YOUR (the spouse of the principal applicant) did not include educational information?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:52 am
Onwards towards BC

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Is that the reason GV gave for CIC returning the pack or what the letter/e-mail from CIC said - that they returned it because YOUR (the spouse of the principal applicant) did not include educational information?
This is part of the email forwarded to us from GV, from the cic,

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the economic class on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada. Subsection 75(1) of the regulations prescribes the Federal Skilled Worker class as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada.
Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002, skilled worker applicants are assessed on the basis of the requirements set out in subsection 75(2) and the criteria set out in subsection 76(1). The assessment of these requirements determines whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are age, education, knowledge of Canada’s official languages, experience, arranged employment and adaptability.
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment. The table below sets out the points assessed for each of the selection criteria:

You were assigned 5 points for your educational credential at the secondary level. Although your Certificate of Competence in Domestic Nat Gas Safety was on file, transcripts were not on file to confirm the number of years of education.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to "this Act" include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.
Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
JM
Program Support Officer
Immigration Section
Case Processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.