Global visa.

Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global visa.

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

I have tried to find evidence of that, and have been unable to do so.

There was an article in muchmore magazine recently about the employment agencies. I posted a link to it a while back. It listed each province and what the regulations said.

Sorry, too much on my plate right now to look it up.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iainandsheena
Andrew.

Just gave them a call and they reasurred me they are authorised reps under canadian law otherwise they are not elibible to give out advice or charge for any service they provide.
If you call me I'll tell you the same thing. I'll charge you 3 grand to scam you of your money and work for you illegally. You would still think everything was kosher because I said so, right? When CIC denies your application I'll still be laughing all the way to the bank while you sit there with your dreams in tatters.

There are people out there who bank (literally) on us punters who want to emigrate and they do not care if they fail you or not as there is hundreds and thousands like you who are gagging to emigrate and start a new life. All too eager to do thorough research and find out what the law says.

As with driving, you are supposed to know the law and can't weasel out of an offence by saying "sorry officer, I didn't know that". The responsibility to know the law is yours.

With emigration the burden of proof is 100% on the applicant, not his council, because the applicant is hiring the council and should therefore know which council is lawfully entitled to provide council.

What council say and what they can prove are two different things. Have them prove that they are registered, not just tell you.

Andrew quoted the law. Enough said.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:21 am
Just Joined

tracy-cheshire.UK is an unknown quantity at this point

my brother used global visas for his move to Australia. He recommended them to me for our immigration to Canada.

However I have to say I was not impressed with the guy I spoke to over the phone. He did not seem very interested in our case as it wasn't a straight forward one. He suggested I ring back when I get a job offer.

I suppose a lot of it comes down to the individual dealing with your case.

We decided not to bother with them......
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much everyone for the advice it really helps.

I understand that me and my family have to do all the paperwork ourselves, thats no problem, but as i said before, the girl i have been talking to has bee really help full and pointing us in the right direction as to whats the best route for me and my family to take.

which is - going out on temp work visa while PR is in process, so its going to be about getting a job offer so we can move out to calgary on the TWV.

Pretty much anybody on this forum could have told you the best route for you and your family to take on if you'd told them your circumstances - there's only about 4 or 5 ways to get into the country so it's not exactly tricky figuring out which best suits!!

And just in case you didn't know, the TWP process is soooooo simple - it's literally a one page form to fill on and the employer does the rest!! So for goodness sake don't let yourself be conned into paying thousands for something very easy. I'm not saying you definitely shouldn't use a consultant (I have no idea what your circumstances are and how complicated it might be for you to get PR - just that the TWP bit is really simple) but if you have a simple application then do check out how you could do it yourself. All the forms are on the CIC website so might be worth a look before you commit to spending thousands on somebody doing it for you. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:25 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
There was an article in muchmore magazine recently about the employment agencies. I posted a link to it a while back. It listed each province and what the regulations said.

Sorry, too much on my plate right now to look it up.
Thanks for that. Yes, I remember the article about the couple who got into hot water. I skimmed through it, and don't remember the list of provinces and regulations. It's great to know that information was included in the article. I'll hunt it down.

Postscript. Found it. I'm putting the link here as a sort of placeholder. I'll come back to it later and extract the information I want for the Wiki.

Feb 2008 edition of Much More Magazine.

Iain and Sheena, the article called Shattered Dreams makes for sobering reading.

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Feb 19th 2008 at 5:36 am.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

iainandsheena is an unknown quantity at this point

A wee question: How do employers view cirrcumstances like ours, for instance - Are they happy to offer you a job for a current vacancy even though you may not be out there until 8 monthes time?

This part is puzzling me because, you cant complete the TWP without a job offer from a canadian employer..

Any Advice?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:14 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

A wee question: How do employers view cirrcumstances like ours, for instance - Are they happy to offer you a job for a current vacancy even though you may not be out there until 8 monthes time?

This part is puzzling me because, you cant complete the TWP without a job offer from a canadian employer..

Any Advice?
No, employers don't like it. Because of the time delay, they avoid hiring foreigners if at all possible. They only hire foreigners and tolerate the delays if they're desperate for workers. That's why it makes so much sense to go to a province in which there is a shortage of people in your occupation. See the Wiki called Labour Shortages.

An immigration consultant cannot speed up your application to enter Canada. Well, they can speed it up in the sense that they can help you to avoid mistakes that will cause your application to be rejected. But, if you prepare your application yourself, do everything correctly, and submit the application on your own, it will not be processed more quickly or more slowly than an application that was submitted by an immigration consultant.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

As i said in a previous post, my wife is a nurse and as we are led to believe, they are in great demand within the Alberta region.
But we cant even submit a TWP without having a job offer??
We are wanting to get things moving asap and get out there atostart a new life, but we are needing some sort of advice as to how to go about securing a job offer..
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:42 am
Now on Vancouver Island

As i said in a previous post
Please don't assume that people saw your previous post or, if they saw it, that they remember what you said. If some contextual information is relevant and would help another poster to give you more pertinent advice, please repeat it.

my wife is a nurse and as we are led to believe, they are in great demand within the Alberta region.
Holy mackarel, you are so lucky. Yes, nurses are in huge demand in Alberta. They are in such demand that they are listed in the Expedited Labour Market Opinion Pilot Project for Alberta and British Columbia. That means that an employer who wants to hire a British nurse can get a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) in days instead of 30 weeks.

Another benefit of being a nurse is that the occupation belongs to one of the skill levels that permits the spouse or common-law partner of the work permit holder to a spousal open work permit (SOWP). That means that the spouse / partner can accept any job, from any employer, in any part of Canada. The employer does not have to prove that he/she/it has recruited across Canada and has been unable to attract a qualified Canadian resident.

But we cant even submit a TWP without having a job offer??
Well of course you can't submit a TWP application without having a job offer. That's the whole point of the TWP system. You have to have a job offer before you can apply for a TWP.

We are wanting to get things moving asap and get out there atostart a new life, but we are needing some sort of advice as to how to go about securing a job offer..
Please read the Wiki on Nursing. It's an absolute doddle to get into Alberta as a nurse, compared with the hoops that many other members of this forum have to jump through.

Please read the Wiki section of this website.

If you have a nurse in the family, and you pay some immigration consultant and/or recruitment agency an arm and a leg to get you into Canada, you're crazy, in my opinion. And, according to Alberta's Fair Trading Act, it is illegal for a recruitment agency to charge a job seeker for a fee for finding him/her a job that is located in Alberta.

Postscript. In hindsight, I feel it wasn't for me to pass an opinion on whether or not you should hire an immigration consultant. I have seen forum members whose situations were complex (past criminal convictions, ex spouses who didn't want to let children move to Canada, and such). In those cases, immigration consultants were very useful or could have been very useful if the applicants in question had hired them.

Each family needs to assess for itself whether or not it should hire an immigration consultant. But you may find it interesting that a recent poll on this forum revealed that 75% of members had handled their own applications and 25% had hired immigration consultants.

As I said before, getting a job and a work permit in Alberta is so easy compared with what many other members of this forum are going through. That's where I'm coming from.

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Feb 19th 2008 at 7:53 am.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that judy, im certainly taking every bit of advice onboard.

For a start, i downloaded and printed off all the relevant forms to emigrate from the cic website tonight and i am planning on doing it ouselves after realising how straight forward it is and not paying some monkey a fortune to do it for us.

Can you tell me if my criminal record [ i hate that word , one charge 8 yrs ago] will damage our application even though my wife is the primary applicant?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Can you tell me if my criminal record [ i hate that word , one charge 8 yrs ago] will damage our application even though my wife is the primary applicant?
It could make you inadmissable depending upon what the charge was
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:23 am
Now on Vancouver Island

From the little bit I've read about it on this forum, I have a vague recollection that the criminal rehabilitation process adds about a year to a regular application to enter Canada. It affects anyone who wants to enter Canada, even as a tourist. You can find out more about it on Citizenship and Immigration Canada's web page on Criminal Rehabilitation.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly you can't even apply for rehabilitation until 10 years after some offences. I would recommend that you take professional advice on this one.

Perhaps Andrew will be along in a minute.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:28 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
If I remember correctly you can't even apply for rehabilitation until 10 years after some offences. I would recommend that you take professional advice on this one.

Perhaps Andrew will be along in a minute.
Iain, it would help if you started a new thread with a new title that was relevant to the topic. People who are in a position to answer your question may not notice it if it's buried in this thread.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I found a previous thread on this (there are many).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rehabilitation

It appears that you can apply for criminal rehabilitation after 5 years from completion of the sentence or payment of the fine but after 10 years you are deemed rehabilitated.

I got my numbers muddled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.