Global visa.

Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

iainandsheena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Global visa.

Can anyone tell me anything about "Globasl visa"? good or bad...
as we are considering using them to emigrate.

thanks
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Global visa.

No one used them then?

cheers anyway.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:33 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to be more specific - search on Google for "Global Visa" brings gazillion of hits.

If whoever you are dealing with is one of those "jacks of all trades" offering immigration services to more than one country then they are masters of none. Most likely they are simply agents (if at all) of authorized representative in Canada - only authorized representative can consult, counsel, advise and represent for a fee (including such simple things like checking forms) in Canadian immigration matters. Many of such agents claim to be "associated" with authorized representative in Canada and provide illegal services by giving you advice and other immigration related help for a fee without being authorized representatives themselves.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...otice-reps.asp

and here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2002-227/sec13.1.html

law clearly states:

R13.1 (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person who is not an authorized representative may, for a fee, represent, advise or consult with a person who is the subject of a proceeding or application before the Minister, an officer or the Board.

Why use an agent (and pay extra for it) if you can hire Canadian authorized representative directly?

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Feb 17th 2008 at 11:35 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Andrew..

Thery are called Global visas, its just a weight off your shoulders if someone else is doing alot of work from you, as you can probably understand, but i will certainley be looking more in to the company before i move any futher forward.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:48 pm

Website?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

www.GlobalVisas.com
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:31 am

I can't find anywhere on their site any information about any staff member being an authorized representative under Canadian law - such disclaimer is required by rules.

Seems they may be just agents (if at all) of an authorized representative in Canada - but unfortunately I can't find any name of such on their website, unless I missed something.

Our highly qualified registered Canadian Immigration services team phrase on home page not only means absolutely nothing but also raises suspicion with the lack of name(s) of authorized representative(s).

Of course it may be just poorly designed website not following Canadian government guidelines for authorized representatives and/or their agents.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Andrew.

Just gave them a call and they reasurred me they are authorised reps under canadian law otherwise they are not elibible to give out advice or charge for any service they provide.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:36 am

What did you expect? Remember what former president Reagan said? Trust but verify.

Ask for the name of authorized representative and what organization s/he is a member of (if she is a lawyer then ask in what Province). Then verify that name here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...verify-rep.asp

Once you verify that person is a member in good standing (not suspended) of one of listed above organizations then call him or her and ask what the deal is as agents cannot take money nor provide any consulting, advice or assistance. It is only the individual authorized representative who can personally assist you. If by any chance person confirms working with the company then ask why s/he is not the one providing you advice and assistance? I think a lot of members here would love to hear the answer.

Remember that agent, associate, cooperant or even staff member of authorized representative cannot assist you nor provide any advice. They can only refer you to authorized representative and only such can answer your questions, assist and/or represent you, provide any advice, consulting, counseling, assessment, etc., etc..

Company cannot be authorized - it is the individual person (lawyer, consultant or in case of Quebec also a notary) who can be an authorized immigration representative. So, if any company tells you that "they are authorized" then they don't even know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Feb 18th 2008 at 1:56 am.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Andrew.

I went on to the sit and typed in the girls name and the result was a big fat 0! I see what you mean...
I still havent received the paperwork through from the company, but as soon as i do, i will be going through it with a fine toothed comb!

If this turns out to be all nonsense, who do you recommed to contact as i would prefer somebody else to do all the paperwork.

Thanks
iain
Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:07 am

Browse through the forum to find recommendations or ask others here for suggestions.

Then again - trust but verify, as with anonymous posters you should expect some hidden promotions too.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Iain

Andrew is a recognised consultant but obviously too bashful to put his own name forward for recommendation.

Lynne
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iainandsheena
Cheers Andrew..

Thery are called Global visas, its just a weight off your shoulders if someone else is doing alot of work from you, as you can probably understand, but i will certainley be looking more in to the company before i move any futher forward.
Very very very very and utterly wrong. They can't collect all the paperwork for you. They can only advice and be your rep but the work is 100% you. Your consultant or immigration lawyer can only make sure that you have all the needed documents and point you in the right direction, find you loop-holes (f there are any). Cross the i's and dot the t's before the application is sent off.

The leg work is totally and 100% up to you.

And if they are charging you to find you a job, that too is illegal.

Buy using unauthorized representation YOU stand the risk at not only being scammed of a bunch of money but also be denied a visa as CIC are in their rights to CANCEL your application should you be using unauthorized representation.

Andrew is highly recommended by many on here and he is authorized.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:29 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Very very very very and utterly wrong. They can't collect all the paperwork for you. They can only advice and be your rep but the work is 100% you. Your consultant or immigration lawyer can only make sure that you have all the needed documents and point you in the right direction, find you loop-holes (f there are any). Cross the i's and dot the t's before the application is sent off.

The leg work is totally and 100% up to you.
I agree with that, YYZlover.

Iain and Sheena, applying for entry to Canada involves pulling together boatloads of paperwork. An immigration consultant or immigration lawyer cannot save you from doing that legwork.

An immigration consultant or immigration lawyer can ensure that the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. They also can advise you on assembling a package that will show you in the best possible light when the Immigration Officer examines your application.

According to a recent poll that was done on this forum, 75% of forum members handled their own applications, and 25% hired immigration consultants or immigration lawyers.

Of the reports about immigration consultants / lawyers that I've seen on this forum, most have been complimentary, some even glowing.

However, there also have been a few forum members who have been seriously let down by their consultants or lawyers. I can think of one who, from her participation on this forum, realized that things were going awry. She came here and asked questions. From the answers she got here, she was able to rescue the situation. From her posts, I can tell she is a very proactive person, and she stayed on top of the situation. If she hadn't done that, things could have become very messy.

One of the things I've seen quite often on this forum, and I'm talking about recent months, is that someone has come on here and said, "I've been in contact with Such And Such firm. They did an assessment and determined that I had enough points to apply for a permanent residence visa as a skilled worker. Hurray!"

WTF! Those points are useful only for a type of visa application that is taking 5 years to be processed. A person who had been participating on this forum for a couple of weeks and who had been paying the least bit of attention, should know that there are quicker ways of getting into Canada, e.g., Provincial Nominee Programs and temporary work permits.

If an amateur knows this stuff, an immigration consultant should know it too.

Andrew Miller has told us that an immigration consultant or immigration lawyer is duty-bound to lay out for a client all of that client's options.

Yet it has seemed to me, from some of the reports I've seen on this forum, that some immigration consultants and immigration lawyers do not perform that duty.

And if they are charging you to find you a job, that too is illegal.
I have tried to find evidence of that, and have been unable to do so.

I have searched:
I'm not saying the information is not there. I'm just saying I have not found it so far.

Oh, okay. A Google search brought up Service Alberta's Consumer Tipsheet on Employment Agencies. The response to the question, "What fees can be charged?" is:
No employment agency may charge a fee for helping a person find a job. However, an employment agency can charge an employer for its services.
Elsewhere, the page states that this is a provision of Alberta's Fair Trading Act. It also states that the provision is applicable regardless of the agency's location, as long as the job is in Alberta.

That leads me to believe that the prohibition against charging a job hunter a fee is a provincial matter. Perhaps all Canadian provinces have similar prohibitions, but I have not done enough research to state whether or not they do.

But, regardless of the law, the norm in Canada is for employers to pay recruitment agencies' fees.

Buy using unauthorized representation YOU stand the risk at not only being scammed of a bunch of money but also be denied a visa as CIC are in their rights to CANCEL your application should you be using unauthorized representation.

Andrew is highly recommended by many on here and he is authorized.
I agree with that too.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much everyone for the advice it really helps.

I understand that me and my family have to do all the paperwork ourselves, thats no problem, but as i said before, the girl i have been talking to has bee really help full and pointing us in the right direction as to whats the best route for me and my family to take.

which is - going out on temp work visa while PR is in process, so its going to be about getting a job offer so we can move out to calgary on the TWV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.