Wikiposts

Global mobility scheme to canada

Old May 8th 2012, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

prettyinpink101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Global mobility scheme to canada

Dear everyone

I have just got a reply back from a Canadian immigration consultant who has been kind enough to go through visa with me to see which one we all most suited I just have never heard of this one and cannot find out much about it so was wondering if you could be so kind and help me shed some light on it

This was from what I get the bulk of As discussed you qualify for the Global Mobility Scheme. With the global mobility scheme we will put your CV (skills + education) on to a massive data base which employers in Canada have access to. When we get interest from employers in Canada we will then forward you the details with a company reference from City Visas which the employers in Canada will be aware of. Once there is a successful job offer, we will then apply for a work permit. We haves a 93% success rate with our global mobility scheme.

The work permit visa allows you and your family to live and work in Canada for up to a maximum of three years. After 3 years, you will have an option to have claim Canadian permanent residency. It means you can live and work wherever you choose and you are all entitled to the healthcare, education and welfare state.

As a company we provide you with a case worker, legal advisor and a solicitor. We fully complete your visa application for you. As you can probably imagine there has to be a charge for this. Here is a breakdown of our fee structure.

Company Fee: £800

The company fees can be paid by credit/debit card. As soon as the payment is received your consultation will follow within 24-48 hours.

Processing time For Visa: 3 months.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global mobility scheme to canada

Oh God, from reading the above it screams 'scam' to me, but maybe I'm just being cynical. There is no such visa route as the 'Global Mobility Scheme', it's presumably their own name for basically charging you to find work (which is illegal in most of Canada so what they propose may even be breaking the law).

Originally Posted by prettyinpink101
The work permit visa allows you and your family to live and work in Canada for up to a maximum of three years. .
Why 3 years maximum? 4 years is the max allowed on a TWP.

After 3 years, you will have an option to have claim Canadian permanent residency.
You can't 'claim Canadian permanent residency', although you can apply for it if you are eligible - but no need to wait 3 years for that, you could apply as soon as you are working in Canada so not sure why they say you have to wait 3 years?

Processing time For Visa: 3 months.
Why is it 3 months? A TWP can be got at the airport when you arrive, with a processing time of perhaps half an hour max.

There is a lot of incorrect info in their email, and personally I'd steer well clear. If you need a job offer to get a visa (are you sure you do?) then you can find one yourself rather than paying them £800 for the privilege. Have a read of this for info - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Employ...27_Fees-Canada

HTH.
Old May 9th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot breach client confidentiality, and don't want to run anyone down without incontrovertible evidence, but before you part with any money I would ask City Visas if anyone on their staff is an ICCRC. Last I heard no-one there is, and apparently they claim their OISC Membership allows them to give Canadian immigration advice - which it does not.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 9:25 am
Just Joined

shaznaz75 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey did you get a chance to use City Visas Services? I have gotta similar email and now I am thinking if I should go ahead with them...
Old Aug 29th 2012, 9:29 am
Just Joined

the other thing is there are not many employers in Canada at least in my field - IT who are willing to go the extra mile and hire a foreign worker - Silly me that I had a work permit for Canada worked there for good 3 years and decided to move back when I could have applied for PR. If you guys can point me in the right direction where I can come across companies who are willing to sponsor LMO/Job offer to foreign workers that will be great! Thanks!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Do you have post-secondary education - perhaps you could try to see if you would have enough points to immigrate under the proposed new FSW system? You would score 5 points for your prior work in Canada.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

I have studied for 3 years at a Canadian university tho I never completed my degree and I have over 2 years of experience there. I heard they're not accepting any new applications for FSW? I have a wife and 2 kids who are Canadian citizen. My wife wud sponsor me but when I was in-between jobs she went on govt assistance so she can't sponsor me for a year or so... what do you think I should do?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

And, once again, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

As others said, consultants may promise heaven, earth and accelerated processing 'guaranteed' but the reality is that CIC makes the decisions in their own time.

Incidentally, there is already a 'massive database' that potential Canadian employers have access to - some call it 'Monster', others 'Workopolis' but there are other variants (such as 'Indeed' and 'Eluta')...teh internetz are a wonderful thing!

Last edited by AdrianR; Aug 31st 2012 at 1:50 am.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

shaznaz what do you do in IT? My husband is in IT and has had no issues getting companies to do LMO applications for him or help with AEO or SINP
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Well im an expert with Data Mining - SQL stuff - Crystal Reports - Business Intelligence etc - Also I am pretty good with programming languages like VB.Net and Java. Can you ask your husband what websites he used. Most of the employers I have come across are from Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver and they said they cannot apply for an LMO since they can get local candidates.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

he used monster, jobbank, saskjobs, kijiji. but hes always looked in Alberta and Saskatchewan where the demand would be alot lower. Which I would have thought would have been better for you with all the mines? I know jansen mines were looking IT staff as he was offered a interview there but had already accepted somewhere else.

hope that helps
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Yea i have been going over jobs and mostly the ones in AB and SK are for low skilled people like chefs, waitresses, kitchen help staff things which need basic education and little or no experience. I have worked in Toronto for couple years. I am looking for a decent salary job. It will be nice if someone has any info on IT-related companies hiring staff by applying for LMO. I would take any IT job in mid-west (AB-SK-MB) if it means being close to the family.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

Well Jansen mines are looking for IT staff so that would be an IT job

Not sure why you say low salary as my husband is on more than his friend in Toronto both doing the exact same job? Are you only applying to jobs with LMO in the adverts or are you applying for everything and advising in your cover letter you would need an LMO. My husband did the latter and it only took him 3 weeks to find an IT job with a company willing to help with immigration.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Ah I see. I have been just looking for LMO jobs. In my cover letter I haven't mentioned I am looking for LMO or anything like that... I;ll mention in my cover letter that I am looking for employers who are willing to get LMO..and try my luck again.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Without an actual post-secondary qualification, the FSW skilled program is difficult. However, under the proposed program, You would get 10 adaptibility points for various factors such as a wife that knows English, having a wife in Canada and work/study in Canada.The program open on Jan 1, 2013 as per the regulations that have been pre-published. If you are between 18 to 35 my suggestion would be to take a serious look at it. You might need to brush up on your French to earn enough points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.