Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

getting work permit whilst in canada

getting work permit whilst in canada

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:12 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting work permit whilst in canada

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If you are in Canada the only way of getting a work permit without leaving Canada is by applying through CPC Vegreville providing they will issue one.
Most prefer to flagpole that is leaving Canada and returning. Obviously the cheapest and easiest way of doing this is by driving to your nearest border crossing and telling the US people that you want to flagpole or pay the $6 and get an I94 waiver and visit the US for a day shopping or having lunch.
You could always fly to a US city and then fly back but you would need to apply for an ESTA. Not too many ferries run between Canada and the USA but thats another option but again ESTA is needed. If in the Niagara Falls area you could walk across the bridge and the last way of doing it is by taking the train. Again I94 waivers.
So if not leaving Canada dont bother just going to the airport as we wont do it.
It's a bit like "build it and they will come". Wait and "he will come".
Hail Former Lancastrian!!!