Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Getting starting on immirgrating to Canada

Getting starting on immirgrating to Canada

Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:20 am
Just Joined

endfield3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting starting on immirgrating to Canada

Hello. My family and I are looking for help to getting on the first rung of the ladder. We have completed the online assessment to which we are looking to go on a skilled workers visa.

We would like to know if its better to go with an immirgration company in the Uk, or an immirgration lawyer in Canada, or a consultant in Canada, or go ahead (we are really not sure about this one) ourselves.

I can see we have a long way to go and I'm sure I'll be back again to pick your brains.

Thanks

endfield3

Old Aug 26th 2004, 11:09 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting starting on immirgrating to Canada

Hi Endfield

Originally Posted by endfield3
Hello. My family and I are looking for help to getting on the first rung of the ladder. We have completed the online assessment to which we are looking to go on a skilled workers visa.

We would like to know if its better to go with an immirgration company in the Uk, or an immirgration lawyer in Canada, or a consultant in Canada, or go ahead (we are really not sure about this one) ourselves.

I can see we have a long way to go and I'm sure I'll be back again to pick your brains.

Thanks

endfield3

You should look at www.cic.gc.ca for most of the information, especially paid representatives. It is unlikely that any UK companies have a member of CSOIC on staff, but who knows. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...paid-reps.html

After you have read the CIC web site, you can make a decision if you want to do it yourself or hire a Canadian based lawyer (get one who specializes in Immigration) or consultant.

PMM