Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Getting a South African Police Clearance while in UK

Getting a South African Police Clearance while in UK

Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

eternal-optimist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting a South African Police Clearance while in UK

Hello everyone,

I will be sponsoring my husband for Permanent Residence next month. He was born and raised in South Africa but has been living in UK for the past year and a half. He's got both SA & British passports.

My question: Is it meant to be a simple process going about getting his finger prints at a UK police station, so that he may send them off together with his application for his SA Police Clearance??

He has phoned & gone in person to a local police station and was told that he needs to get a letter from SA Police Service, stating that he requires a SA police clearance, etc. Then he has to make an appointment with the local police station to have his finger prints taken and pay 65 Pounds.
Is this process really meant to be so difficult?

Anyone who's gone through this or knows anything about this process: your input & experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a mill
Old Dec 14th 2009, 1:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a South African Police Clearance while in UK

Hi

Originally Posted by eternal-optimist
Hello everyone,

I will be sponsoring my husband for Permanent Residence next month. He was born and raised in South Africa but has been living in UK for the past year and a half. He's got both SA & British passports.

My question: Is it meant to be a simple process going about getting his finger prints at a UK police station, so that he may send them off together with his application for his SA Police Clearance??

He has phoned & gone in person to a local police station and was told that he needs to get a letter from SA Police Service, stating that he requires a SA police clearance, etc. Then he has to make an appointment with the local police station to have his finger prints taken and pay 65 Pounds.
Is this process really meant to be so difficult?

Anyone who's gone through this or knows anything about this process: your input & experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a mill
Sounds like the UK police that you have contacted are trying to be difficult.
Try another cop shop. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...uth-africa.asp

PMM