Getting Qualifications assessed

Old Nov 15th 2014, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Toneb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting Qualifications assessed

Hi there.

I have dug out my high school diploma, HND and Honors Degree. My question was are there any recommendations on who to send them to? I was going to use The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. They have 2 options on their website. Either "FSWP ECA" or "General Use ECA". Can someone confirm If it should be the FSWP link I use? I am trying to immigrate under the FSWP. I take it even under the new express entry system coming in 2015 CIC will still require your educational credentials to be checked by ECA first?

Many Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 2:12 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Qualifications assessed

As an engineering grad, my first suggestion rather than looking at the comparative education organizations is to see in the link below how you match up [once inside] click on the tab 'academic information tool' Good luck to you.

Roadmap to Engineering in Canada

added

I went through the tool as though I was you with a 4 year Electrical Engineering degree, graduate in 2002

The result ....

To determine whether your Bachelor of Engineering (4 years) in Electrical Engineering from UNITED KINGDOM falls under this mutual recognition agreement, please visit the Washington Accord website at www.washingtonaccord.org and follow the appropriate links for accredited programs.

Please note that only accredited programs delivered within the national boundaries of the accreditation body's home country, in this case UNITED KINGDOM, fall under the mutual recognition agreement.

If your program falls under the mutual recognition agreement, it is normally considered to meet the academic requirements for licensure. However, the provincial/territorial engineering associations will still check your transcripts for anomalies, such as unaddressed failures and deficiencies in courses as compared to the Engineers Canada examination syllabus http://www.engineerscanada.ca/e/pu_syllabus_1.cfm. If anomalies are identified in your transcripts, then you will be assigned examinations.

Last edited by not2old; Nov 15th 2014 at 2:44 am.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 8:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Qualifications assessed

Yes, you need the FSW ECA.

HTH.