Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

getting organised.... nearly there :)

getting organised.... nearly there :)

Old Oct 23rd 2014, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default getting organised.... nearly there :)

Well after receiving our nomination 2 weeks ago, we have been organising like mad for the big move on 11th november

So far we have...
*booked flights,
*organised all paperwork (original documents with photocopies) into folders ready for immigration/border when we land
*secured a lovely rental property and paid deposit
*priced up and received reasonable quote to ship OH work tools
*obtained children's school records to supply new school with level of education
*ordered children's immunisation certificates from local GP
*contacted canada newcomers centre and arranged date to visit and have children assessed for schooling

and also booked our leaving party

think we are pretty much organised but no doubt there will be other last minute things that will inevitably pop up!

Looking forward to making Regina our home and to meeting anyone else who may be making a similar move to the area!
oh and thank you to all who have guided and helped us through the process.... who needs agents when there is such a wealth of knowledge on here!

excited
Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting organised.... nearly there :)

Hi There

Good luck with your move. We arrived in Canada on Christmas day last year.
We live in a smaller town called Balgonie around 25 minutes from the city.

it has been wonderful so far and our two school age children are thriving. We have two little ones who are at home with me and will start school in 2016/2017.

Its been a great year so far and cannot wait to celebrate our canaversary which will always be extra special for us.

Just a heads up our temperatures have started to go down a little so remember to have a warm coat for you and the children when you arrive, Hopefully there will be no snow but we are experiencing a little freezing rain

Have a great journey all the stress will be worth it!!!

Emma
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

kellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond reputekellys247 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Emma, its always lovely to hear of others who have made the move and enjoying life!
We are going shopping for heavy winter jackets/clothes etc this week, and have been keeping up to date with temperatures weekly lol
We are all so excited and cant wait to start our new lives!
Have you all settled in well, made friends etc?
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

lostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond reputelostinsask has a reputation beyond repute

We have settled wonderfully, it's honestly the best thing we have ever done. Living in the UK is a distant memory for us even though it's only been 10 months. We have great neighbours and the children's friends parents are amazing.

The town we live in is very family oriantated and having such a big family (6) I fell in love Balgonie when we came over april 13 for a reccie. it has a beautiful feel to it. We wanted to be out of the city and somewhere more rural coming from a very urban town just outside of liverpool it was a welcome change. If you want to now anything else for example shopping or where to take the children etc let me know i will be happy to guide you in any way that i can. We had no one when we first moved so i would like to pay it forward so to speak.
Feel free to private message if you have any questions
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much, in sure i will be a fish out of water when we arrive and will welcome any advice possible! 😊
Its lovely to hear you have built a life you love in an area you can call home, i think we are now just realising its all real! The next week will be a flurry of visiting friends and family, saying our goodbyes and packing!
We are lucky that our new landlords have been amazing and helped us every step of the way!
I will private mail you, thank you
Kelly