Getting a new L M O sucks

Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

supadad is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Getting a new L M O sucks

We have a 2 year working visa here in British Columbia with a company but were laid off due to cut backs so we found a new employer but cant get an LMO approved .Even following every single anal procedure to acquiring this , They still wont allow it. We have our house here ,we are settled and the kids are so happy in school but the bills still have to be paid and the mortgage etc. Does anyone have any Ideas as we do not want to uproot our wonderful lives here And go back to England........Is there some one else who we can talk to ,to help sway the decision.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting a new L M O sucks

Originally Posted by supadad
We have a 2 year working visa here in British Columbia with a company but were laid off due to cut backs so we found a new employer but cant get an LMO approved .Even following every single anal procedure to acquiring this , They still wont allow it. We have our house here ,we are settled and the kids are so happy in school but the bills still have to be paid and the mortgage etc. Does anyone have any Ideas as we do not want to uproot our wonderful lives here And go back to England........Is there some one else who we can talk to ,to help sway the decision.
Yeah, that definitely sucks. It's always risky getting a mortgage on a TWP for this very reason.

Does your wife have an open work permit? If so, maybe she could try and pay the bills in the interim while your PR goes through.
Old Dec 31st 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

My heart also goes out to you as we are in a similar position.

OH joined a small company 3 years ago which merged with a larger western company and because this new company is so well known people send resumes on speck and they have people (Canadians) waiting to join them so there fore they cannot apply for LMO as they cannot fulfill criteria

Our TWP expires Feb 4th and we are waiting for PPR now - I really dont think that we will make it
Old Dec 31st 2009, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by burton bunch
My heart also goes out to you as we are in a similar position.

OH joined a small company 3 years ago which merged with a larger western company and because this new company is so well known people send resumes on speck and they have people (Canadians) waiting to join them so there fore they cannot apply for LMO as they cannot fulfill criteria

Our TWP expires Feb 4th and we are waiting for PPR now - I really dont think that we will make it
Yeh it sucks and I'm sorry to hear that ,how is it that your pr has taken so long?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 4:39 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

How far into your 2 year WP are you?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

6 months
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

The exact same thing happened to us. Six months into our two year LMO/WP my husband was laid off. We are only in rented at the moment . Fortunately I had open work permit so got a job straight away.

I then applied for a job working with children (I am a teacher) and had to have medical and get new work permit. Meanwhile my husband was applying for loads of jobs and getting plenty of interviews, but trying to get an employer to do an LMO is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!!!

So we contacted our MP and told him of our situation. He told us he could help expidite an LMO if we could find employer willing to apply for one.

MP also expidited my medical results so that I could start work in my chosen field. My husband was then offered a job on 8th Nov. 09 and received a positive LMO 7 working days later! (only for 12 months though this time)

So maybe you could try this. Good luck and I hope you manage to sort something soon

BTW CIC advised my husband to claim EI. THis helped enormously and we just about managed to keep our head above water whilst he was unemployed.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

OH joined a small company 3 years ago
Why did you wait so long to apply for PR?
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Long story really. Think it boils down to not wanting to apply for a long time and then everytime I had the forms ready to go something happened .

We also didnt realise what a difference Phil's new employer makes to the LMO process. When we came over he worked for a 2 partner practice which was subsequently bought out by a large accountancy practice so obviously large national firm gets more resumes submitted than small 2 parter firm.

Head office for the company too told us for the longest time that they would have no problems extending the TWP if we needed too - but unfortunately for us Head Office didnt know that the rules for TWP extensions had changed since they had last used this route

I didnt want to come to Canada and have a PR app in the day after I joined Phil - I wanted to feel secure in Canada before I went for PR. Stupidly I thought that it would have been through before our TWP expired from rumours of how fast people with Arranged Employement were having PR processed.

Please no sarcastic or blunt replies.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
well we were waiting for some docs to come through ,also I had found another employer and if the LMO had been approved,we were going to send that info with the fsw application for extra points.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

well we were waiting for some docs to come through ,also I had found another employer and if the LMO had been approved,we were going to send that info with the fsw application for extra points.
Supadad - think Almost Canadian was asking the question to me - as OH has been here 3 years in Feb
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Does anyone have any Ideas as we do not want to uproot our wonderful lives here And go back to England........Is there some one else who we can talk to ,to help sway the decision.
God! That sucks! My wife and I are in a similar position. I have a AINP application that seems to be taking an age going through at the moment although my TWP expires at the end of August. Our immigration lawyer will start applying for a new TWP in April if PR doesn't come through by then (which it won't as we haven't done our meds yet). The only bright spot is that she told us that once we get AIP (approval in principle) under the AINP then getting a new TWP is easier and negates the need for an LMO. Still, we are getting a bit ansy about the whole situation.

We held off buying a place and are renting because we didn't want the extra hassle of selling it if we had to return to the UK. I just feel we are living in a kind of limbo and can't really make commitments or future plans.

I think the suggestion about seeing your local MP is a good one. I don't want to be viewed as being cynical about the motives of politicians but they are always looking to curry favour with potential future voters.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Long story really. Think it boils down to not wanting to apply for a long time and then everytime I had the forms ready to go something happened .

We also didnt realise what a difference Phil's new employer makes to the LMO process. When we came over he worked for a 2 partner practice which was subsequently bought out by a large accountancy practice so obviously large national firm gets more resumes submitted than small 2 parter firm.

Head office for the company too told us for the longest time that they would have no problems extending the TWP if we needed too - but unfortunately for us Head Office didnt know that the rules for TWP extensions had changed since they had last used this route

I didnt want to come to Canada and have a PR app in the day after I joined Phil - I wanted to feel secure in Canada before I went for PR. Stupidly I thought that it would have been through before our TWP expired from rumours of how fast people with Arranged Employement were having PR processed.

Please no sarcastic or blunt replies.
Good ole hindsight - best wishes
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Supadad - think Almost Canadian was asking the question to me - as OH has been here 3 years in Feb