Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Getting my qualification accredited. Help.

Getting my qualification accredited. Help.

Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Mannix789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting my qualification accredited. Help.

Hello Everyone!

My first post so I guess a quick introduction is in order.

My wife currently qualifies for Express Entry Skilled Worker as a Mental health nurse and I get to tag along for the ride

Before we set up our pool profile, to boost our points, I'm getting my BTEC Nat Dip and a City & Guilds qualification accredited.

Does any one have any advice on which company to use, we are thinking of using the Toronto University.

My main issue at the moment is in regards to who to send the release of information form to in the UK, the examination board (BTEC) or the place of study?

City and Guilds have an online form to send information to companies but don't send a transcript of course information, you have to get that from the college itself.

This in particular is leaving me confused as to what information I have to provide and what information the examination board have to provide. There doesn't seem to be much information 'this end'

Has anyone else had to get a qualification accredited recently?

Any advice or help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

PS Sorry if I'm not very clear
Old Aug 26th 2016, 12:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting my qualification accredited. Help.

Hi, welcome to BE.

For CES (U of T), you need your certificate/diploma and the course transcripts, but they must be sent direct from the examining body to CES in a sealed envelope - the info on what is required should be on the CES website.

Worth noting that you're not likely to get anything for your City & Guilds as vocational qualifications aren't usually included in an ECA, only academic ones are. How many points would you both score in total without it?

And you might want to look in to using another service as CES has quite lengthy processing times at the mo (11 weeks).

Lastly, I assume your wife is aware of the costs and timescales involved in getting her nursing sorted in Canada, but if she hadn't started that already it might be worth her doing so as it will probably take longer than your PR app.

HTH, good luck.