Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Getting an Italian Police Certificate Translated - help please!

Wikiposts

Getting an Italian Police Certificate Translated - help please!

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

suze_h will become famous soon enoughsuze_h will become famous soon enough
Default Getting an Italian Police Certificate Translated - help please!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and have been reading all the posts with interest - there is some fantastic advice on here!!

I'm in the process of pulling together all the documentation to apply for PR status from within Canada; my Canadian boyfriend is sponsoring me as his common-law partner as we have been living together for the past 1.5 years.

I had to obtain police certificates from Italy as I lived there for a year during my university studies. I received the certificates a couple of weeks ago and now need to have them translated by an accredited translator.

Can anyone recommend a good translation company within the Toronto area? Also, do I need a certified translation or a notarised translation? (and what's the difference?!!) Does anyone know roughly how much I should be paying for this service?

Any advice would be great - many thanks in advance!!!!
Suze

Last edited by suze_h; Jul 22nd 2010 at 2:43 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Getting an Italian Police Certificate Translated - help please!

Sorry, I can't answer your question directly, but a quick search found;

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/?st...oronto&x=0&y=0

Time to pick up the phone.... :-)

Good luck!
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 12:31 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting an Italian Police Certificate Translated - help please!

We had DH's Italian birth certificate professionally translated her in the UK. We paid around £40.00 +VAT for it and the company certified it as an official translation with their company stamp. For PNP, the route we're taking, it simply said they required a photocopy of the certified translation so we assumed this would be enough.