Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Getting finger prints taken in London?

Wikiposts

Getting finger prints taken in London?

Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:20 am
How much stress?

claryinlondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting finger prints taken in London?

Hi - I need a police clearance for the UAE as I spent 2 years working in Dubai. The UAE embassy website quotes: 'To obtain a Good Conduct Certificate/ Police Clearance Certificate from the UAE, the applicant has to have his/her fingers-print taken by the police in the UK then the certificate of the finger-print has to be attested by the UK FCO' ....
I live in central London and have just called the Marylebone police station who advised me that they only take finger prints for criminals and not for Police Clearances
Does anyone have any idea where I could get my paw prints taken in central London?
How do i get it attested by the FCO???!!! Has anyone been through this process before so I could get an idea of timescales? I can't really see the FCO getting back to me this side of Christmas....!!!
Thanks
Clary
Old Aug 29th 2006, 9:53 am

MapleLatte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting finger prints taken in London?

You have to make an appointment with Scotland Yard. Telephone number 020 7230 2099.

Generally, they are booked up for 3-4 weeks, so I advise you to call them asap for an appointment. You attend Scotland Yard (St James Park tube stop, I think) and the appointment lasts about 20 minutes for one set of fingerprints.

You can take your set of fingerprints away immediately. I think the first set cost £20 and each additional one £10, payable in cash. But they will tell you this when you call them.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by claryinlondon
Hi - I need a police clearance for the UAE as I spent 2 years working in Dubai. The UAE embassy website quotes: 'To obtain a Good Conduct Certificate/ Police Clearance Certificate from the UAE, the applicant has to have his/her fingers-print taken by the police in the UK then the certificate of the finger-print has to be attested by the UK FCO' ....
I live in central London and have just called the Marylebone police station who advised me that they only take finger prints for criminals and not for Police Clearances
Does anyone have any idea where I could get my paw prints taken in central London?
How do i get it attested by the FCO???!!! Has anyone been through this process before so I could get an idea of timescales? I can't really see the FCO getting back to me this side of Christmas....!!!
Thanks
Clary

Last edited by MapleLatte; Aug 29th 2006 at 10:00 am.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:28 pm
How much stress?

claryinlondon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MapleLatte
You have to make an appointment with Scotland Yard. Telephone number 020 7230 2099.

Generally, they are booked up for 3-4 weeks, so I advise you to call them asap for an appointment. You attend Scotland Yard (St James Park tube stop, I think) and the appointment lasts about 20 minutes for one set of fingerprints.

You can take your set of fingerprints away immediately. I think the first set cost £20 and each additional one £10, payable in cash. But they will tell you this when you call them.

Good luck!
Thanks Maple Latte. 3-4 weeks just for an appointment.... yikes!
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:48 pm

MapleLatte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claryinlondon
Thanks Maple Latte. 3-4 weeks just for an appointment.... yikes!
You'd be amazed how many people fingerprints! Maybe you will be luckier as well if you are more flexible with times - I had to get an appointment before work and that was booked out for weeks on end.

Let me know how it goes.