Getting documents notarised

Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:23 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting documents notarised

Can we hear about costs in getting your documents notarised.

I am near to getting all the required paperwork together, next step is getting it all notarised, BUT I do not have a clue how much this will be.

Is it say, £200 or nearer to £500, do they charge a fixed fee, or do they charge you per document, I hope the latter is not the case !!!!!!!

I take it all London applicants had all of their documents notarised, except police forms and letters of reference. !!!!!!!

Any info would be appreciated.

Eddie
Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:31 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Getting documents notarised

Originally Posted by Voyager970

I am near to getting all the required paperwork together, next step is getting it all notarised, BUT I do not have a clue how much this will be.

Is it say, £200 or nearer to £500, do they charge a fixed fee, or do they charge you per document, I hope the latter is not the case !!!!!!!

I take it all London applicants had all of their documents notarised, except police forms and letters of reference. !!!!!!!

Eddie
I can't answer this for you but it was discussed last week. Here is the link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284655

I hope it answers your question but it may confuse you!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2005, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

There are lots of notaries out there to rip you off, I was quoted up to 500 GBP pounds if I recall, but then found a great guy in Warminster who did it for 60GBP and was very fair, considering I had 260 pages or so....but its all a case of shopping around, just like the medicals, which I found were a mere pittance in Canada itself, compared to Britain. I think we were quoted up around 800 GBP but paid a quarter of that amount by doing them in BC.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:47 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie
No, we didn't. Check the thread OzRob quoted.... you could save yourself a packet!

Morw
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
No, we didn't. Check the thread OzRob quoted.... you could save yourself a packet!

Morw

Is this related to skilled worker applications only or do all documents for spousal sponsorship have to be notarised aswell?

thanks in advance,

Jameso
Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jameso
Is this related to skilled worker applications only or do all documents for spousal sponsorship have to be notarised aswell?

thanks in advance,

Jameso
In the UK there is a difference between a 'certified' copy and a 'notarised' copy. Make sure CIC aren't asking for the latter when they really mean the former (they could be using 'notarised' as a generic expression) as there may be a big difference in cost.

Jeremy
Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie
Hello,

We had the whole file (aprox 250 sheets) notorised for £80, but you'll have to hunt around for that.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:32 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

This is the london office checklist. It makes no mention of notarising any documents whatsoever.

We were advised it was not necessary, and so we didn't. Hopefuly I'll soon be able to confirm that that was perfectly acceptable, but if they come back and ask for notarised documents I'll certainly tell you!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:10 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

This is the london office checklist. It makes no mention of notarising any documents whatsoever.

We were advised it was not necessary, and so we didn't. Hopefuly I'll soon be able to confirm that that was perfectly acceptable, but if they come back and ask for notarised documents I'll certainly tell you!
If you follow the link above but go back to the Immigration Homepage it says this at the bottom

For up to date information, you may wish to consult the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca

If you then go to the CIC page and go though the pages to the Checklist for London, it says

Gather documents as listed. Check (�� ) each item on the checklist and attach it to your documents (a paper
clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals. Send notarized photocopies
of all documents except the the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in
English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a photocopy of the originals.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Now, I don't have the foggiest which is correct but I think it's best for the OP to know that there is a discrepancy and eventually I'm sure someone will come up a definitive answer.

Last edited by yonk; Feb 21st 2005 at 7:16 am.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:24 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, I decided there is def something weird going on.....particularly when I went thru the CIC pages and got to a different website address for the CHC.

www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/e_index.htm - This hasn't been updated since May 2004.

This is the address from CIC which is current for CHC London, last update 15.2.05.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canadae...om/menu-en.asp