Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Getting back to Canada expired PR card

Getting back to Canada expired PR card

Old Oct 26th 2021, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Mouse_rat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting back to Canada expired PR card

Originally Posted by DMajor
I know this sounds nuts but could you fly to somewhere in Montana, Washington and get your hubby to drive down and collect you. You can get back into Canada if you have ID and proof of residency (albeit expired) I think
​​​​​​THis is what I had in mind but I didn't know that the US flight ban was on still so. Never mind. Thanks for responding
Old Oct 26th 2021, 4:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mouse_rat
I have, they keep saying oh it'll probably give an update tomorrow. I have the tracking number and check it online throughout the day and it hasn't changed in a week. I've emailed the high commission, they keep sending generic emails back, I have emailed IRCC and asked them to process my PR card urgently and they have said no because my trip is in less than three weeks and I need to 'simply apply for a PRTD'. My husband is sending me money as quickly as he can make it but it's expensive here and we are paying for accommodation, don't have a lot of family here I came to see my very poorly grandad.

Yes I paid for the return courier fee and my daughter has her passport already she flew here on it. It's all just down to them processing it now. I just wondered if there was another way because we are really struggling now but I wasn't aware the travel ban was still on in the US. Never mind
Thinking outside of the box - your daughter is a Canadian Citizen in need of assistance - as in help in returning to Canada.. I wonder if you could call and request the assistance for her (while explaining you can't return due to the fact that your PRTD hasn't been processed) . https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emba...united-kingdom
https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/emergency-assistance
https://www.canadainternational.gc.c....aspx?lang=eng
Might be worth a try.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 26th 2021 at 4:37 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

​​​​​​THis is what I had in mind but I didn't know that the US flight ban was on still so. Never mind. Thanks for responding
Hope you was allowed on the flight and now safely back in Canada.
What a traumatic experience!
Old Oct 29th 2021, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Mouse_rat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DMajor
Hope you was allowed on the flight and now safely back in Canada.
What a traumatic experience!
It finally came today. We are booked to go home on Monday. Yippeeeee. Going to cry when I see my husband lol what an ordeal
Old Oct 29th 2021, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news. What a relief it must be. Safe travels.
Old Oct 29th 2021, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point

It finally came today. We are booked to go home on Monday. Yippeeeee. Going to cry when I see my husband lol what an ordeal
That's great news, I'm chuffed for you
Old Oct 30th 2021, 3:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

So pleased for you - what a relief!

Now you just have to get your pre-flight test and download the ArriveCan app and put in the info - Phew!
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...try-vaccinated
You must take a molecular test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html
All travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN.You'll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
Safe journey

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 30th 2021 at 3:12 pm.