Wikiposts

Getting to 12 months Common Law

Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

snowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant futuresnowman365 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Getting to 12 months Common Law

Hi John!

To be completely honest I do not know if this would work - in theory it sounds 'do-able'. I reckon someone with more experience will come along pretty soon to give you a definite 'yes' or 'no'.

I would have thought that the Canadian High Commission could actually check to see if you were in Canada or not.

I reckon it could be done from outside the UK in any other country than Canada itself.

Sorry - not trying to put a dampener on it or anything - like I said, I reckon someone will be along pretty soon with a more definitive response!

Good luck!

Rich.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Hi All,

Looking at another thread it seems entirely possible that the Canadian High Commission could check if I was in Canada. I will refine my questions a little. If anyone can answer some or even all would be so happy. Thanks for help so far.

1) Can I get accepted onto the bunac program from Canada. IE make the original application. Is this separate from the working visa part of things. If so then I could presumably return from Canada and start the 4-6 week VISA part and then return to Canada when this is complete.

2) When can you apply for the program for 2009. Is this available in November for this year or does it open again in January. It mentions information on the bunac site from November but not anything about applications.

I ask cause this way I could go and have Christmas and new year and most of January with my girlfriend and then return end of January to complete the bunac application. I realise that this would reset any months we have of joint living but I would then get 12 months on the bunac...

The concern is can I make the initial part of the application from Canada and how assured are you of getting the work visa part after being accepted onto the program?

Lots of things to think about but this would give me the option of working.

Thanks once again for all your help with this everyone.

John
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

weaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really niceweaver2008 is just really nice

Another quick update. I gave bunac a call. The lady I spoke to said that I can apply online from Canada when the program opens in December. For the dates of visits to Canada put in the date I arrive up to the current date rather than a future date. I would then be reserved a VISA which I would apply for upon return to the UK after the visit. As I would then be in the UK for the whole of the VISA processing times I would not get in any trouble with the Canadian High Commision.

Has anyone else done things this way? I have read that the bunac office can give out conflicting information sometimes. Anyways thanks again for reading and hopefully this information will also prove useful to people.

Cheers all

John