Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Get the PR visa at the same day at interview?

Get the PR visa at the same day at interview?

Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

almostthere is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Get the PR visa at the same day at interview?

I'll have my interview on March 17 in Detroit.

I just got my CAIPS notes and it says that my medical, security and background checking are all done and looks good.

However it also says "BF'D TO INH ON 31-03-2005, does it mean that there is no chance that I could get the PR visa at the same day on the interview if I pass?

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:24 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get the PR visa at the same day at interview?

Originally Posted by almostthere
I'll have my interview on March 17 in Detroit.

I just got my CAIPS notes and it says that my medical, security and background checking are all done and looks good.

However it also says "BF'D TO INH ON 31-03-2005, does it mean that there is no chance that I could get the PR visa at the same day on the interview if I pass?

Any input will be appreciated

Thanks

Mike
No it does not mean that.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
No it does not mean that.
Thanks, so you are saying that I might have a chance to get PR visa in the same day with my interview if I pass, right?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:15 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you have absolutely no chance for visa the same day, it just doesn't work that way.

Thanks, so you are saying that I might have a chance to get PR visa in the same day with my interview if I pass, right?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Is this your interview after your meds??!! Even if so there is no chance that you will get your visa on the same day you will have to wait for your PPR like me .
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Cashew is on a distinguished road

Goodluck on your interview. My interview in Detroit went well and the visa officer was very nice
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:37 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

U can never get the PR visa the same day of ur interview! they have their own processes to do and even if everything is clear, they will send u ur passport, only in the post! But, its worth waiting ...........
cheers
Old Mar 11th 2005, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Thanks Guys for the information.