Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Get AEO After A Simplified Applicatoin File Number

Wikiposts

Get AEO After A Simplified Applicatoin File Number

Old May 2nd 2008, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

robbyls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Get AEO After A Simplified Applicatoin File Number

I am a Chinese and last year, I lodged a Skilled Worker class immigration application under SAP (Simplified Application Process). Recently I just got a company to assistant me to obtain a positive AEO from HRSDC, which is very good and supposedly I can claim for 10 additional bonus points and my application might be processed as a priority case.

The question is how I should follow up afterwords? I sent the proof of the AEO through the on-line enquiry system and get an auto-reply confirmation email from CIC Hong Kong Apr. 23, but since then, no message from the center yet. The center does not provide any phone call service, so basically besides email, I have no way to contact the center.

Somebodies in other forums recommended me submitting a regular application with the AEO and job offer letter to the center stating my existing file number directly. Well, I don't think it's appropriate.

Did anyone here have similar experience as I have. I know there might be slight difference in the operation process between Hong Kong and London, but still look for any reply that possibly can help.

Last edited by robbyls; May 2nd 2008 at 8:52 pm.
Old May 2nd 2008, 9:40 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Get AEO After A Simplified Applicatoin File Number

You cannot expedite simplified form by sending job offer - you must submit full application package (not the simplified one) with all supporting documents and forms, as well as job offer and AEO and ask to expedite the process.

Without full application package nothing will happen. Read Wiki about "fast tracking" SW case.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:34 am
Just Joined

But CIC asks applicants to contact them once having got an arranged employment, not to submit a full package directly. So my understanding is that I should wait for their further instruction after giving them my proof of AEO, am I right?
Old May 5th 2008, 2:38 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Where CIC asked for contact, instead of submitting full package? If it was in your AOR letter (the one with file number) then it is mainly designed for those who don't know what to do and need instruction from visa post. Of course it will add several months to the wait.
Old May 5th 2008, 5:01 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked my AOR letter from Oct 07 and it says nothing about AEO's....
Old May 5th 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

So what you guys suggest is, I just lodge a complete regular application with statement of my existing file number to the CIC? Before getting further instruction from the immigration office? It seems that the Hong Kong office is not responsive at all.
Old May 5th 2008, 9:46 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

That is my understanding. If you wait for 'instructions' you could be waiting for a long time! If you had AEO from the beginning, you would have submitted a full application anyway - so it makes sense to do so now.
Old May 6th 2008, 1:02 am
Just Joined

Okay, this a great encouragement. I will submit it out in 2 days.
Old May 6th 2008, 4:09 am
Just Joined

one more question, should I stick the file number barcode onto the envelope of the new application? If they officer scan the barcode and find it is not a case being requested fill in the documents, they might return the package to me.

Can anyone with the experience share me how you did it?