Genuine Help Needed !!!

Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Genuine Help Needed !!!

Hi everyone

I am hoping that through all the knowledge and experience gained by the users on this forum, someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am currently thinking of moving the missus and 3 young children to Canada in the near future, I work for a construction company that has ties in Ontario, Toronto and Edmonton and have been told that they would employ me in Canada.

So the question is this, how exactly do I go about applying? I have been on lots of various websites inc the official governement ones, but cannot understand which form is the right one, i.e. skilled worker, residents permit, full blown immigration? I have tried phoning the High Commission in London but only get a pre-recorded message.

After looking at many posts on this site I am still further confused by the claims that it can take upto 5 years for this process to be completed, and by using an agent will not necessarily spped things up.

I would be selling my current house in England, so would have about $400K to move over with, I have a job offer, I am qualified in my sector and have 3 young children all under 6 years old. Surely this system cannot be as complicated as it seems.

I would be grateful of any help/info received.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:28 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Genuine Help Needed !!!

Immigration - Skilled Workers class - with Arranged Employment (only if job offer approved by HRSDC) or through PNP program. Providing that you qualify of course.

There is no other way to move permanently to Canada - you must apply for PR visa. But there are few routes to do it - simplified application (no arranged employment) with 5+ years wait, full application with arranged employment or through PNP (about a year long process), coming to Canada first with work permit and then applying for PR visa.

It is all confusing for many - this is why you should first read CIC website, read wiki here and ask a lot of questions here. Or retain authorized immigration representative. Or at least ask one for free evaluation.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 12:37 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Mr.Miller is the expert.
Having done some research of my own I'm doing exactly as he he describes. I'm going for a temporary work visa and simultaneous PR application - although in my case I'm taking advantage of Nova Scotia's provincial nominee program (PNP). PNP is a very useful facility if Ontario has such a thing.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by markhighpeak
Hi everyone

I am hoping that through all the knowledge and experience gained by the users on this forum, someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am currently thinking of moving the missus and 3 young children to Canada in the near future, I work for a construction company that has ties in Ontario, Toronto and Edmonton and have been told that they would employ me in Canada.

So the question is this, how exactly do I go about applying? I have been on lots of various websites inc the official governement ones, but cannot understand which form is the right one, i.e. skilled worker, residents permit, full blown immigration? I have tried phoning the High Commission in London but only get a pre-recorded message.

After looking at many posts on this site I am still further confused by the claims that it can take upto 5 years for this process to be completed, and by using an agent will not necessarily spped things up.

I would be selling my current house in England, so would have about $400K to move over with, I have a job offer, I am qualified in my sector and have 3 young children all under 6 years old. Surely this system cannot be as complicated as it seems.

If you indeed have the funds & sponsorship as you claim but do not have the time to read and understand the information posted on CIC website, I would recommend that you engage the services of an immigration lawyer.
Many thousands of hopeful immigrants complete and submit the correct forms without the need for reference to professional help.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your input Mr Miller, do I assume that the PR is permanent residency? Who would you recommend for a free evaluation, as I can imagine that there are alot of 'dodgy' ones out there who could easily take someone for a ride?

As JE asks, yes I do have those things that I mentioned, however, I thought that I had to go through the skilled worker route, but after getting the form, it states on it, that it cannot be used if you already have arranged employment, and thanks to Mr Miller, I can now see a way of cutting down the expected 5 years processing time by means of the PR route. I will however need to look into this alot more.

Thanks for all your contributions, its good to get somewhere and start pointing me in the right direction
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure Andrew Miller will provide you with a free evaluation - he is an authorized immigration representative.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

Thanks for your input Mr Miller, do I assume that the PR is permanent residency? Who would you recommend for a free evaluation, as I can imagine that there are alot of 'dodgy' ones out there who could easily take someone for a ride?

As JE asks, yes I do have those things that I mentioned, however, I thought that I had to go through the skilled worker route, but after getting the form, it states on it, that it cannot be used if you already have arranged employment, and thanks to Mr Miller, I can now see a way of cutting down the expected 5 years processing time by means of the PR route. I will however need to look into this alot more.

Thanks for all your contributions, its good to get somewhere and start pointing me in the right direction
If you have a job offer in writing then you can ask the employer to apply for the arranged employment offer to allow you to apply under this category. If this is skilled employment then you can get your PR application under skilled worker in just over a year through London with AEO.

The other option is to get the prospective employer to get a labour market opinion and then apply for a WP. Following this route can get you into Canada pretty fast. Once in Canada and working you can apply for your PR using your job info if the employer will confirm that it is permanent employment. This will also be on the fast track.

If you have enough time to do the reading the services of an immigration person are not really necessary. But if the company offer to pay an you get someone with a good recommendation it may be helpful.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

Hi
Just another thought. Is your company able to just do a work transfer to one of those other companies, so you could just go, work and live the life while you put your application in?
That way you could give it a try before you buy? Or do you have to leave their employment totally? Am I right in thinking that a company transfer would be the quickest route if that is possible?
Good luck whatever you do decide to do
Regards
Stef and Lins
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response. Basically I work for a company in England that has provisionally said that I could have a job by 'transferring' over to Canada. They said that because I do not wish to come for 1-2 years that they cannot issue a letter saying that the job is on offer until I decide when I am able to come over.

Either way, I believe (if I have read everything correctly) that once I get complete confirmation from my Canadaian employer and a letter, then I can then apply for a PNP, and would then have to wait say another year before being allowed entry.

Because I have a young family I want to make sure everything is in place before selling my house over here, otherwise I could end up being refused entry and being completely stuck.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your response. Basically I work for a company in England that has provisionally said that I could have a job by 'transferring' over to Canada. They said that because I do not wish to come for 1-2 years that they cannot issue a letter saying that the job is on offer until I decide when I am able to come over.

Either way, I believe (if I have read everything correctly) that once I get complete confirmation from my Canadaian employer and a letter, then I can then apply for a PNP, and would then have to wait say another year before being allowed entry.

Because I have a young family I want to make sure everything is in place before selling my house over here, otherwise I could end up being refused entry and being completely stuck.
Hi
I would have a look on the CHC website for information on company transferees, you could always apply for a work permit while you are in Canada etc? I know that with a young family you want to make sure you can't find yourself back in blighty in 2 years time but proper work permits don't take that amount of time and that may extend your stay in order to get your PR status?

You really need to research the ins and outs of company transfers coz I think it would get you there sooner.
Goodluck whatever you decide to do.
Stef and Lins
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:24 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

We used the services of Eric Katz who is based in Toronto. We first got in contact with him via Overseas Emigration based in the UK. They did our free evaluation, then transferred our file to Eric.

Eric's services were excellant and he dealt with us very promtly and professionally. You can call him any time and he is happy to help or put your mind at ease. Emails are answered, often within hours, and definitely within 24 hours (even when he has been on vacation). We had the opportunity to meet with Eric too when we went to Toronto on vacation. He is a lovely guy and you can tell that he put your interests first.

Although we had applied for PR, the following year my husband got a job offer and Eric not only processed our WP and student visa paperwork but also provided his services to my husband's new company. It was the first time they had employed a foreign national. Within 4 months of the job offer we had landed in Nova Scotia.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:12 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you don't have to hire a consultant

Here is the link to the CHC Intra-company page to get you started:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/worker/e_intra.htm