Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Generalized Anxiety in Schedule A Background Declaration?

Generalized Anxiety in Schedule A Background Declaration?

Old Jul 9th 2020, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

g0ldfinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Generalized Anxiety in Schedule A Background Declaration?

Hello,

My wife has gone to the doctor for anxiety, and currently takes a low dose of antidepressants. In question 4 of the Schedule A Background Declaration, the form asks if the applicant has ever had a serious disease or physical or mental disorder. Would we have to mention this?

Let me know. Thanks!
Old Jul 9th 2020, 3:24 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Generalized Anxiety in Schedule A Background Declaration?

Originally Posted by g0ldfinger
Hello,

My wife has gone to the doctor for anxiety, and currently takes a low dose of antidepressants. In question 4 of the Schedule A Background Declaration, the form asks if the applicant has ever had a serious disease or physical or mental disorder. Would we have to mention this?

Let me know. Thanks!
It's always better to be honest when dealing with Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The issue here is the Immigration Medical has questions that may reveal that information anyway - one of the questions asked is are you taking any medications - and you are required to inform them of the diagnosis / length of treatment etc., ... (you can read the medical history report here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...e.html#imm5419

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 9th 2020 at 3:27 am.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g0ldfinger
Hello,

Let me know. Thanks!
If in doubt - disclose it!

You won't have any problems with that condition.
Old Jul 9th 2020, 1:06 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

They are looking for stuff that is a threat to public health, either by virtue of being contagious nor the likelihood of going on a rampage
neither of which is likely with that particular diagnosis
best bet is to declare it and go armed with a letter from doctor stating details of diagnosis , treatment and the fact that you are not a public risk