Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

General information about moving to vancouver

General information about moving to vancouver

Old Aug 28th 2012, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

ajjb1116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General information about moving to vancouver

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction, I have been thinking of moving to Vancouver for years but something always comes up and it goes back on the shelf.... I really do not know which way to turn I have a cousin who lives in Vancouver and she has said that she would sponsor me and my husband and 2 children. I have looked on the family sponsorship site and i don't think cousins can sponsor, unless I have missed it. I would prefer to go to a job out there, I have worked as a secretary for a primary school for 13 years, our children are aged 17 and 11. I would really love to go and do it, just do not want to regret not trying, Can i do the forms etc myself or do i need to go through a solicitor etc, if my cousin cannot sponsor me then which way would be the best way for me to go and live and work there, I would appreciate any help or advice please.

Alison
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General information about moving to vancouver

Your cousin cannot sponsor you, that is correct.

As far as being able to immigrate, you could for instance look at the criteria for the new (proposed) FSW points system and see if you or your husband might qualify as the principal applicant.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Hi thank you for that, can i just ask can my Uncle sponsor me. I asked him and he said he would if he could
Alison
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajjb1116
Hi thank you for that, can i just ask can my Uncle sponsor me. I asked him and he said he would if he could
Alison
Not under the Federal family class, no. But a couple of provinces do have the option of an uncle sponsoring a nephew/niece under their PNP.

Which province does he live in?
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

I have 2 uncles there,they both live in British Columbia,
1 in abbotsford, and the other 1 lives in Langley City.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ajjb1116
I have 2 uncles there,they both live in British Columbia,
1 in abbotsford, and the other 1 lives in Langley City.
BC isn't one of them.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:11 am
Just Joined

thank you