Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

General EE Question & Answer Thread

General EE Question & Answer Thread

Old Jul 16th 2015, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General EE Question & Answer Thread

Logic suggests yes, and I am splitting it over two employers.

I searched high and low and couldn't see anything that specified that it had to be with one employer, so I have assumed (despite assumption being the mother of all F-ups) that you can split across multiple employers.

Would eliminate a lot of temp workers if you couldn't. Seems a little unfair, as many people do that all their lives (temp, I mean).

Hopefully someone else knows for a fact, though.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 2:32 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Logic suggests yes, and I am splitting it over two employers.

I searched high and low and couldn't see anything that specified that it had to be with one employer, so I have assumed (despite assumption being the mother of all F-ups) that you can split across multiple employers.

Would eliminate a lot of temp workers if you couldn't. Seems a little unfair, as many people do that all their lives (temp, I mean).

Hopefully someone else knows for a fact, though.
Would be good to know definately!

Mine is across 2 employers but 3 contracts (full time perm with one employer then full time contract with my current employer and just recently full time perm).

What evidence are you showing for this as I only have all my payslips from both jobs and the 2 contracts from my current employer as the first employer never issued me with the contract
Old Jul 17th 2015, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Would be good to know definately!

Mine is across 2 employers but 3 contracts (full time perm with one employer then full time contract with my current employer and just recently full time perm).

What evidence are you showing for this as I only have all my payslips from both jobs and the 2 contracts from my current employer as the first employer never issued me with the contract
I've written a letter of explanation.

I had two employers over one contract, so a little confusing. I figured it was best to just explain it as simply as possible in a letter which I will attach.

I figure they won't pull me up on something as trivial as not filling the online form in correctly for something that isn't obvious how you're supposed to do it.

In my head - they are there to screen out bad applicants, not catch out people who have made legitimate mistakes that don't even matter.
Old Jul 17th 2015, 8:49 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
I've written a letter of explanation.

I had two employers over one contract, so a little confusing. I figured it was best to just explain it as simply as possible in a letter which I will attach.

I figure they won't pull me up on something as trivial as not filling the online form in correctly for something that isn't obvious how you're supposed to do it.

In my head - they are there to screen out bad applicants, not catch out people who have made legitimate mistakes that don't even matter.
Oh ok. So on the online form does it asks for information, dates, salary, job description for the jobs that you have/had for CEC?

I know they will want 10 years of work references for all jobs (looking forward to that one) but one reference will just show I started working with them in November 2014 as a casual until march 2015 when I went on a full time.

Maybe a letter of explanation would be good for me as well.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
one reference will just show I started working with them in November 2014 as a casual until march 2015 when I went on a full time.

Maybe a letter of explanation would be good for me as well.
Sounds similar to mine.

I'm sure they've seen stranger things.

Not like we're the only temps/contractors that will have ever applied through FSW. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Any photo techs who can help with the digital photo component...?

It says:

- The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540
- If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels/inch

Does anyone know how I can increase the pixels/inch?

I scanned a passport photo, and it was 908 x 1090 or something, and DPI 96. I looked up DPI and it seems to parallel pixels per inch. So mine is only 96 pixels/inch. When I scanned it, I chose the option of 600 pixels per inch, but for some reason it comes out at 96 no matter what size it is or what quality I scan it at.

I just re-sized the image to 420x540, and the dpi stays at 96.

If anyone has any insight into this, it'd be most appreciated!

Last edited by kswoosh; Jul 23rd 2015 at 9:37 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

You wont be able to up the dpi after its been scanned unfortunately. If your scanner doesn't have an obvious setting to change the dpi to 600, then I'd suggest going to a print shop or similar.

I scanned my docs at work using one of those large office printer/scanners, and it had a 600 dpi setting. Do you know anyone who works in a large office who may be able to scan it for you?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 11:28 am
Bex in the city

So I just used the CRS express entry calculator and I got 375 score without 1 year of work experience in Canada and 465 if I added the year in - this was also based on 3 years of skilled work experience outside of Canada (same NOC code), gaining level 8 on language test (have my test end of August) and one 3 year degree (BA) and another post secondary diploma (NVQ)

Looks like I should wait for the year to be up and apply via CEC and get my qualifications done.