Gathering evidence...Affidavits?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

iovaruvg is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Gathering evidence...Affidavits?

Just wondering about the usefulness of Affidavits when it comes to permanent residence applications. To be honest I only learned the meaning of the word yesterday.

According to the Wiki it is a good thing to have from my parents and my partners parents 'attesting to the fact that your relationship is genuine' ?

This is no problem and something I will certainly be including in my application package.

I'm wondering if it is a good idea to also include an Affidavit in my partners name attesting to the fact that we have been living together for the last year at our current residence? The reason I'm thinking this is because the lease was only put in my name and I would obviously like to include AS MUCH evidence as I can despite the fact that we have many other things in our joint names, renters insurance, bank accounts, bills, etc etc.

What are your thoughts on this as I really want to send the application off with no worries or regrets abut lack of information. (Plus, as I'm in Canada and will most likely be taking the outland route, we'd like to avoid taking the trip to London for an interview)