Gas Fitters

Old Dec 20th 2014, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

newcomeruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gas Fitters

Hi Guys, I would like to immigrate to Canada as skilled worker.

I am going start to a Gas Fitter course in London next month where I will learn lots of things and also they will send me to work in one of their partners.

Do you think guys with almost 1 year work experience is possible to be hired to work in any place of Canada?

I am 23 years old, married .

I hope hear soon from you.

Many thanks
Old Dec 20th 2014, 4:33 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Fitters

Originally Posted by newcomeruk
Hi Guys, I would like to immigrate to Canada as skilled worker.

I am going start to a Gas Fitter course in London next month where I will learn lots of things and also they will send me to work in one of their partners.

Do you think guys with almost 1 year work experience is possible to be hired to work in any place of Canada?

I am 23 years old, married .

I hope hear soon from you.

Many thanks
Not as a gas fitter. You'll need more like 5 years experience and be certified in the province you want to go to. Read this for BC
You will need around 9000 hours experience to challenge the ITABC exam
http://www.itabc.ca/program/domestic...fitter-class-b
and then go onto take the safety BC exam
Gas Fitter Examinations | BC Safety Authority

Also read the Wiki on this site, lots of info there.
Old Dec 20th 2014, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Oh Damn

I guess they did not ask many years experience, what kind of course you suggest to me get an LMO there?

You dont think neither than I study 1 year there, got 1 year working experience through post graduate visa, and then apply for PNP?

Many thanks for the reply
Old Dec 20th 2014, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to re-read the link you've been given above - it's a regulated trade in Canada, meaning you can't work in it until you've got the 9000 hrs experience and are authorised to do so - so the visa has no bearing on that, whether it's a LMIA (they're not called LMO anymore) or PNP.

If you just want to move to Canada, then an IEC visa is your best bet if you're from a country where the program is in place, but you couldn't work as a gas fitter there.

HTH, good luck.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 3:21 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Damn

I guess they did not ask many years experience, what kind of course you suggest to me get an LMO there?

You dont think neither than I study 1 year there, got 1 year working experience through post graduate visa, and then apply for PNP?

Many thanks for the reply
You cannot do a trade course here without PR. You qualify in the UK, get 9000 hours experience on the job then go though the process to qualify here. You are likley looking at 6 plus years to qualify as a gas fitter and be able to work in Canada. As has been suggested you could try the IEC for experience, but this would not let you study for or work as a gas fitter in Canada.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 3:31 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get here as an IEC you might get a job as an assistant working supervised mostly cleaning furnaces and then if you can get PR you could study or maybe get an apprenticeship but I'm not sure if you would be eligible It's a long shot and study is expensive. We're in Ontario and my husband paid $15k for gas and oil tech full time study for levels 2 and 3.
Do you gave another trade you could use?
Old Dec 21st 2014, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much guys for the help, now I understood that It will be required many hours of experience in Canada to become a certified skilled trade worker ( Gas Fitters ).

Old Dec 21st 2014, 10:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much guys for the help, now I understood that It will be required many hours of experience in Canada to become a certified skilled trade worker ( Gas Fitters ).

I think you're still misunderstanding! You need the experience in your own country, you need to prove you've done the hours required *before* being able to apply to work in Canada.

HTH.