Further medical request.... Why??

Old Nov 24th 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Further medical request.... Why??

Hi just wondering if anyone could shed any light as to why CIC request extra medical examinations when the original one was fine??? I had my medical in August and everything was ok. I don't have any long term medical conditions - in fact I'm very fortunate to be in very good health. So why oh why are CIC requesting further medical information?? The envelope is sealed which I can't open so I don't even know what further information they are requesting.

This is just wasting more time and money and I am seriously hacked off.

Any answers please would be gratefully received.

Melsa
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Further medical request.... Why??

Melsa - I'm sorry i'm not of any help but really hope you manage to get this sorted - I can imagine that frustrated is not the word!

Emilie X
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:11 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Melsa
Hi just wondering if anyone could shed any light as to why CIC request extra medical examinations when the original one was fine??? I had my medical in August and everything was ok. I don't have any long term medical conditions - in fact I'm very fortunate to be in very good health. So why oh why are CIC requesting further medical information?? The envelope is sealed which I can't open so I don't even know what further information they are requesting.

This is just wasting more time and money and I am seriously hacked off.

Any answers please would be gratefully received.

Melsa
Hi Melsa,
Many people seemed to get this a while ago and I am sure someone will answer your questions. Unfortunately it's not up to the DMP or Radiologist to say you are all clear, its down to CIO's medical people. Usual suspect is 'they think you might have TB' and send you for sputum tests etc..that later come up clear. You will only know when you have sight of what's in the envelope. (Some people steam it open and reseal it, it is about you after all!) I didn't say that! All the best for a speedy resolution!
MAC2

Last edited by Mac2; Nov 24th 2011 at 4:14 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mac2
Hi Melsa,
Many people seemed to get this a while ago and I am sure someone will answer your questions. Unfortunately it's not up to the DMP or Radiologist to say you are all clear, its down to CIO's medical people. Usual suspect is 'they think you might have TB' and send you for sputum tests etc..that later come up clear. You will only know when you have sight of what's in the envelope. (Some people steam it open and reseal it, it is about you after all!) I didn't say that! All the best for a speedy resolution!
MAC2
Ooops my little girl accidently opened the envelope! They are actually requesting another blood test for HIV!! This is insane as i've already repeated this test due to the first one being equivocal (failed test) and the 2nd test was negative. Maybe the DMP failed to send off the 2nd test result. I can't believe CIC expect me to book another medical appointment which will take at least 2 weeks to get, all for a test I don't even need and at my expense! I'm contacting the DMP tomorrow to get this sorted out as this is absolutley ridiculous.

It seems to me someone isn't doing their job properly and/or there is clearly a lack of communication between the DMP and CIC.

Melsa
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:28 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Melsa
Ooops my little girl accidently opened the envelope! They are actually requesting another blood test for HIV!! This is insane as i've already repeated this test due to the first one being equivocal (failed test) and the 2nd test was negative. Maybe the DMP failed to send off the 2nd test result. I can't believe CIC expect me to book another medical appointment which will take at least 2 weeks to get, all for a test I don't even need and at my expense! I'm contacting the DMP tomorrow to get this sorted out as this is absolutley ridiculous.

It seems to me someone isn't doing their job properly and/or there is clearly a lack of communication between the DMP and CIC.

Melsa
At least you now know and can get it resolved as soon as possible.

Best wishes, Mac2
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mac2
At least you now know and can get it resolved as soon as possible.

Best wishes, Mac2
Thank you Mac2, I will let you know.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:25 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The DMP will have sent in both tests I bet and thus the repeat request.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 10:31 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Best 2 out of 3?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The DMP probably did send both test results but you'd think looking at the dates of the tests CIC would regard the 2nd test which was negative to be adequate confirmation that i'm not HIV positive!! I'm even a regular blood donor and have been for years so I would not even be able to give blood if I was HIV positive.

I have a real bad feeling about this as I'm afraid I'm going to get my visa refused. Do you think I will have to repeat the test for a 3rd time? The medical centre is even closed today due to relocating so i'm getting into a right worried state about this.

Melsa
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

asiablue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

As a person who's been down this road myself, i thought i'd give you my experience. My wife and i, along with 3 kids went for our medicals and blood tests in sept 2009.

The wife and i and our eldest son had 2 viles of blood taken from us and sent to the lab, 2 weeks later we had the phone call from the medical centre to say my wife and son were fine but there was a problem with my blood, the first sample tested positive for HIV but the second was negative.

As you can imagine, i was shocked to get this news, i had to go back in to the centre and give another sample at my own cost of 65 pounds, but i was thinking all the time that if my wife is negative then i must be ok but i was worried sick, anyway i gave another sample and 2 weeks later i was told that this sample was inconclusive and i needed to go back in for a test called a viral load to determine once and for all if i had HIV.

I researched viral load test on the net and basically it said this test measures the amount of the virus i have in my system, so i was panicking that i had HIV and fearing the worst, i went into the clinic again and handed over 65 pounds again and taking more time off work, i gave more blood, 2 weeks later i got the phone call from the doctor and he finally told me that no virus could be detected in my system and i was all clear, the wife and i hugged and cried we were so happy.

So in June 2010 we finally got our visas and we left England in July and we're so happy now living in Vancouver, so i guess i'm saying dont get disheartened they're just trying to be sure that everything is all ok, you will know in your own heart if you have nothing to worry about, dont give up on your dream, goodluck and let me know how it goes
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asiablue
Hi there,

As a person who's been down this road myself, i thought i'd give you my experience. My wife and i, along with 3 kids went for our medicals and blood tests in sept 2009.

The wife and i and our eldest son had 2 viles of blood taken from us and sent to the lab, 2 weeks later we had the phone call from the medical centre to say my wife and son were fine but there was a problem with my blood, the first sample tested positive for HIV but the second was negative.

As you can imagine, i was shocked to get this news, i had to go back in to the centre and give another sample at my own cost of 65 pounds, but i was thinking all the time that if my wife is negative then i must be ok but i was worried sick, anyway i gave another sample and 2 weeks later i was told that this sample was inconclusive and i needed to go back in for a test called a viral load to determine once and for all if i had HIV.

I researched viral load test on the net and basically it said this test measures the amount of the virus i have in my system, so i was panicking that i had HIV and fearing the worst, i went into the clinic again and handed over 65 pounds again and taking more time off work, i gave more blood, 2 weeks later i got the phone call from the doctor and he finally told me that no virus could be detected in my system and i was all clear, the wife and i hugged and cried we were so happy.

So in June 2010 we finally got our visas and we left England in July and we're so happy now living in Vancouver, so i guess i'm saying dont get disheartened they're just trying to be sure that everything is all ok, you will know in your own heart if you have nothing to worry about, dont give up on your dream, goodluck and let me know how it goes
Hi Asiablue

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write about your experience. It's comforting to know someone else has been through the same problem as me. I went to the DMP on Tuesday this week and she took 2 blood samples and said one of the sample would be for a longer test which would take approx 2 weeks to get the results so this is probably the viral load test you were talking about. I'm sure my results will be fine and and I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the passport requests. Can you remember how long it took to get your passport requests after your blood tests?

I'm so happy to hear everything was fine for you and that you and your family have settled into your new life in Vancover.

Melsa
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

asiablue is an unknown quantity at this point

After we got the all clear from the medicals, we got the passport requests about a month later if i remember correctly, then things just went into overdrive.

You have to submit all your paperwork and passports to the canadian embassy in London by hand, so you'll have to travel to London but you can only hand them over on a thursday between 12pm and 3pm, crazy i know but this is how its done. You'll be given a sorting number and your application will take 2weeks then you'll have to go to London again on a thursday at the same times as before to collect your visas, then you'll be all set to leave for Canada.

The Embassy is situated on Grovsner Street just off Grovsner Square, Anymore questions you have don't hesitate to ask.