British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Further info request along with medical and rprf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/further-info-request-along-medical-rprf-758393/)

rockspie May 15th 2012 6:28 pm

Further info request along with medical and rprf

We received our request for medicals and rprf but along with that they are saying that the info we have provided is insufficient for an officer to be satisfied and the want.......
  • Proof of own money available to us
  • A full and detailed explanation of how we will become economically established in Canada

I have not sent them any info apart from the appropriate forms etc on the checklist so not even sure how they would know that any info is insufficient (it was passed at provincial level & then application pack was passed at Sydney)

We are provincial nominees nominated via NS CI stream. I was under the impression that finances etc were clarifyed at provincial level and federal was meds and criminal (even tho i know that Federal have the final say regardless)

Everything i sent was passed by NS in order for us to be nominated, Sydney declared our app all present and correct so its London that is requesting this extra. I have searched and searched and all i can find in regard to this is usually people applying via FSW not nominee. I emailed CIC asking them to clarify but got a generic response back basically saying send what theyve asked for.

I cant understand why theyve asked for this but also requested meds and payment at the same time, surely they would assess this extra info first.

I have had advice from some brill people in the NS fb group but just wondered if anyone else had had this in their immigration process??

Hope this makes sense and sorry for waffling on in an inane way :)

Rubie May 15th 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Further info request along with medical and rprf

Hi Rockspie,

I seem to remember having to provide something like this at that stage...................

Have just checked the letter - I also had to state how I 'accumulated' my funds and had to provide another Sched4. This was just before meds stage, not sure why, I just gave them what they asked for.

I also remember having to write to them at some point (letters on another pc) to say how we would become economically established, and I think I stated the obvious by saying hubby is xx therefore he will get a job as an xx in Canada, likewise for myself and in the meantime we will live off funds as per proof provided.

Don't think that helps much but I definitely had to provide the same at some point in the CIC process. I think if they have asked for it at same time as meds and rprf then it is a paper exercise so they can tick all the boxes.

Good luck

xx