Funds Question

Old May 5th 2006, 1:28 am
Just Joined

cpj79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Funds Question

I'm married to a Canadian, we have got the visa (Quicker than i thought to!!) but there is a question of proof of Funds hanging over my head.

I understand that i don't have to prove my funds as a spouce, but does my wife as my sponser have to prove anything?? i.e how she will support me??

We are both in our early 20's so ain't really overrun with cash, so as a result her family are going to house, feed and support us until we both find jobs and settle in. Will i have to prove this to anyone at the airport when i touch down??

Many thanks
Old May 5th 2006, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funds Question

I'm not certain, but I don't believe they have to provide proof of funds for a spouse. They probably do have to agree to support you for a number of years after your arrival, though (i.e. any money you claim in welfare payments may be claimed back from them).

I looked into this some months ago in case I ended up marrying my girlfriend, and I think that's the case.

Last edited by MarkG; May 5th 2006 at 2:05 am.
Old May 5th 2006, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Funds Question

Someone already asked this question this morning, but I'll answer it again.

Immigration regulations state that the sponsor is exempt from meeting the income requirements when sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children. Plus you already have your Visa, so why would you be at all worried about this now. And No, you wont need to show funds at the airport.

Originally Posted by cpj79
I'm married to a Canadian, we have got the visa (Quicker than i thought to!!) but there is a question of proof of Funds hanging over my head.

I understand that i don't have to prove my funds as a spouce, but does my wife as my sponser have to prove anything?? i.e how she will support me??

We are both in our early 20's so ain't really overrun with cash, so as a result her family are going to house, feed and support us until we both find jobs and settle in. Will i have to prove this to anyone at the airport when i touch down??

Many thanks