Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

full time mum.....part time employment history

full time mum.....part time employment history

Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:51 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default full time mum.....part time employment history

hi

i've been reading several threads on here about pr application and although other halve is principal applicant, it seems that i might be required to produce references myself from previous employers, at least ten years worth........

question?........what if 'one' has been a full time mum for the past 10 years, with a 'tiny' bit of employment? i have got references from the 'small' amount of work that i have done but how do you prove that you've been 'out of work', not claiming any kind of state benifit etc etc......and been a mum at home?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:05 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: full time mum.....part time employment history

From what you describe you should report your activities for that time as "homemaker" and if the employment was very limited then leave it out. You do not have to prove that you were not receiving unemployment benefits.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jim

On this subject, could I please run a couple of qs by you please?

As spouse, I have been compiling my 'what have you been doing since 18' list. Do I have to state which jobs were full time and which were part-time?

Also, am I correct in reading it that as spouse I do not have to provide any documentation to prove this history? (Other than my educational certs in a different section.)

Finally, my OH left college and had to wait seven months before joining the police force. Should this be listed as 'unemployed' or expanded on. What proof of this would they be looking for? He didn't claim benefits.

Your advice, as always, would be most welcome.

Lara
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:16 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You should list your employments as part or full time as appropriate. There is a guide for completion of the application forms at the CIC's website that covers who supplies documentation. I believe that you do have to have references or some other proof of employment for the past 10 years and any tertiary education certificates as well. This is because points may accrue in the application for these items. Your husband should put himself as unemployed awaiting entrance to the police service for those months.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks for your help, Jim.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:32 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
From what you describe you should report your activities for that time as "homemaker" and if the employment was very limited then leave it out. You do not have to prove that you were not receiving unemployment benefits.

thanks jim....that's put my mind at rest....x

it's the same at social functions....'what do you do?', 'oh! i'm a full time mum!', 'oh! you don't work then?'........stock answere now; 'oh! i'm a full time phycologist, brain surgeon, gordon bleu chef, interior designer, and pet vet......!'

usually works and shuts up the 'idiots'......