Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Full time hours required for Skilled worker application

Full time hours required for Skilled worker application

Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

BevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the rough
Default Full time hours required for Skilled worker application

Hello
I am currently working in Canada on a 3 year TWP, I want to apply for residency under the Skilled Worker route. Can anyone tell me what is classed as full time hours, I am working 35 hours at the moment and wonder if it should be more? Thanks in advance.
Bev
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Full time hours required for Skilled worker application

Full time is 37.5 hrs/week or 1,950 hrs/year. If you work less hours per week then you need to calculate your experience's full time equivalent using the above numbers.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

BevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the roughBevHep is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Full time hours required for Skilled worker application

Thank you for the reply Mr Miller, I wondered if you could elaborate on how I calculate my exprience's full time equivalent. I have seen that statement written down on the Canadian High Commision website but could not quite understand it. Will it look bad if I do not manage the full 1,950 hours for this year? If I finish the year off working 40 hours I will still end up with around 20 hours short.
Thanks in advance.