Wikiposts

Full time education

Old Aug 8th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Full time education

Hi all

Our only avenue to include our eldest son on our Visa application is for him to be in full time education by the time he is 22 years of age and for him to continue in it without a break up to the time we get our visa and land in Canada.

Thats fine we have found a course that he really wants to do and that will benefit him whether or not we go to Canada.

Problem is his enrolment day is actually the day of his 22 birthday!!!

Would this count as being in full time education before turning 22???????

Dilema

Pennyhp
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:12 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Full time education

Tricky. His birthday is not before turning 22, it is turning 22. I'll try to find some way to start school a day or so before, just to be on safe side.

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Hi all

Our only avenue to include our eldest son on our Visa application is for him to be in full time education by the time he is 22 years of age and for him to continue in it without a break up to the time we get our visa and land in Canada.

Thats fine we have found a course that he really wants to do and that will benefit him whether or not we go to Canada.

Problem is his enrolment day is actually the day of his 22 birthday!!!

Would this count as being in full time education before turning 22???????

Dilema

Pennyhp
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Tricky. His birthday is not before turning 22, it is turning 22. I'll try to find some way to start school a day or so before, just to be on safe side.

Thanks

I will certainly phone the college and find out if this is a possibility.

I think it would have to be a very picky visa officer (or whoever they are) to be that pedantic, but It would be a shame to go through the whole process just to be dismissed way down the line for the sake of a day.

Nothing seems to be staightforward in the immigration process, but we persevere.

Pennyhp
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Mr Miller

I spoke to the university today and they have informed me that when my son has been offered a place and he has accpted,they will issue a letter at our request to confirm that he is accepted for the course and has a place.
Also I can pay the fees before the start date.

So he will be accpeted for the course and it will be paid for before his 22 birthday.

The course itself will actually begin on his 22 birthday.

Do you think that would be OK.

Pennyhp
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:04 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't be so sure as what regs require is full time school attendance since before turning 22.

Mr Miller

I spoke to the university today and they have informed me that when my son has been offered a place and he has accpted,they will issue a letter at our request to confirm that he is accepted for the course and has a place.
Also I can pay the fees before the start date.

So he will be accpeted for the course and it will be paid for before his 22 birthday.

The course itself will actually begin on his 22 birthday.

Do you think that would be OK.

Pennyhp
Old Aug 9th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

Thanks

I will certainly phone the college and find out if this is a possibility.

I think it would have to be a very picky visa officer (or whoever they are) to be that pedantic, but It would be a shame to go through the whole process just to be dismissed way down the line for the sake of a day.

Nothing seems to be staightforward in the immigration process, but we persevere.

Pennyhp
Hi

Why take risk?

Please find a technical collge or something else which is recognised and he could be able to start immidiately.

I hate borderline cases, it could always go either ways. I hope you can find something clearone.

Best regards.

Azam Ali
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

timetomove is an unknown quantity at this point

what a joke.