FSWP - What's after PER?

Old Sep 6th 2014, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

manishkhanna3002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSWP - What's after PER?

Hi

I have the following queries:

1) What happens after PER? How much time does it take to receive MR after getting PER?

2) Is CIC processing cases faster than usual because Express Entry is about to open in January, 2015? Official processing time on CIC website is approximately 2 years, are they really taking this much time to process cases or are they processing cases much faster than what is mentioned on the website?

Thanks
Manish Khanna
Old Sep 7th 2014, 4:59 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSWP - What's after PER?

Hi

Originally Posted by manishkhanna3002
Hi

I have the following queries:

1) What happens after PER? How much time does it take to receive MR after getting PER?

2) Is CIC processing cases faster than usual because Express Entry is about to open in January, 2015? Official processing time on CIC website is approximately 2 years, are they really taking this much time to process cases or are they processing cases much faster than what is mentioned on the website?

Thanks
Manish Khanna
1. It is then transferred to the processing office.
2. Not necessarily. You have to check the processing office where your application is being processed. The posted processing times are for 80% of the applications received.
3. You can look at the historical processing data at Permanent Resident Applications Processed Abroad and Processing Times - data.gc.ca | donnees.gc.ca
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

PMM, thanks for your reply.

As you are saying that it is not necessary that visa processing gets faster because of the launch of Express Entry so I have another query.

If the visa office where my application is getting processed is unable to complete the processing of my file till 31st December, 2014 then am I eligible to apply in Express Entry. If only my medicals are done till 31st December, 2014 but no visa stamping then should I go for Express Entry or should I wait for visa stamping.

As per my knowledge processing time in Express Entry is less than 6 months and so it might be possible that my application in Express Entry be processed much faster (if I am able to gather a job offer or they find my occupation in demand in Canada) than my current application which is under processing.

I am asking these questions because I have doubt that visa office might not be able to complete my case within this year (only 3 more months left after September in this year).
Old Sep 7th 2014, 10:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

PMM, thanks for your reply.

As you are saying that it is not necessary that visa processing gets faster because of the launch of Express Entry so I have another query.

If the visa office where my application is getting processed is unable to complete the processing of my file till 31st December, 2014 then am I eligible to apply in Express Entry. If only my medicals are done till 31st December, 2014 but no visa stamping then should I go for Express Entry or should I wait for visa stamping.

As per my knowledge processing time in Express Entry is less than 6 months and so it might be possible that my application in Express Entry be processed much faster (if I am able to gather a job offer or they find my occupation in demand in Canada) than my current application which is under processing.

I am asking these questions because I have doubt that visa office might not be able to complete my case within this year (only 3 more months left after September in this year).
No, they continue processing the applications in hand even when Express Entry opens. You should note that for Express Entry you don't submit an application, you will submit an Expression of Interest.

Potential candidates will complete an online Express Entry profile where they will provide information about their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and other details. Those who meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry will be placed in a pool of candidates.

Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool. Only the highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success), and those with qualifying offers of arranged employment or provincial/territorial nominations, will be invited to apply for permanent residence.

If a candidate does not already have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial/territorial nomination, he or she must register with the Government of Canada's Job Bank which will connect him or her with eligible Canadian employers.

Where applicable, employers will be required to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada. There will be no fee for Labour Market Impact Assessments for permanent residence applications under the Express Entry system.

Completing an online Express Entry profile does not guarantee that a candidate will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

I have few more queries:

1) Is it mandatory that the status of application changes from "We have received your application ......" to "We have started processing your application ....." for every candidate. I mean is it mandatory that first the status changes and then only medical request is sent or is it also possible that status does not change to "We have started processing ....." and even then medical request is sent.

2) Is it true that candidate is required to enter Canada within 1 year of medical date?
Old Sep 7th 2014, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I have few more queries:

1) Is it mandatory that the status of application changes from "We have received your application ......" to "We have started processing your application ....." for every candidate. I mean is it mandatory that first the status changes and then only medical request is sent or is it also possible that status does not change to "We have started processing ....." and even then medical request is sent.

2) Is it true that candidate is required to enter Canada within 1 year of medical date?
Medicals are only valid for 1 year so once the results are known you are given COPR forms then landing must be done within the 1 year. Be aware that because of processing times some clients are asked for a 2nd medical or have their 1st one extended. Several have only had a couple of months to land before their medicals expire and been issued COPR forms.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Few more queries please:

1) What happens during processing at the visa processing office? Why do they take so much time to process current applications?

2) As per my thinking the only difference between the current applications and express entry applications after getting an invitation to apply is that current applications are in paper form and express entry applications will be in electronic form. How will the visa processing be so fast in Express Entry? Is it only because applications are required to be sent electronically in Express Entry or is there any other reason.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 3:57 am
Just Joined

bexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I applied under the fsw stream last January (2014) and we were expecting a long wait. However, it has happened so quick. I received notification 3 weeks ago that they were ready to issue visa's and are just waiting for the COPR to arrive in the post (hopefully very soon). It has taken about 8 months from start to finish.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 3:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Few more queries please:

1) What happens during processing at the visa processing office? Why do they take so much time to process current applications?

2) As per my thinking the only difference between the current applications and express entry applications after getting an invitation to apply is that current applications are in paper form and express entry applications will be in electronic form. How will the visa processing be so fast in Express Entry? Is it only because applications are required to be sent electronically in Express Entry or is there any other reason.
Nobody knows yet.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bexley82
Hi, I applied under the fsw stream last January (2014) and we were expecting a long wait. However, it has happened so quick. I received notification 3 weeks ago that they were ready to issue visa's and are just waiting for the COPR to arrive in the post (hopefully very soon). It has taken about 8 months from start to finish.
Bexley82, Can you please tell me the time duration between PER and MR and also between MR and COPR notification in your case.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 9:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Bexley82, Can you please tell me the time duration between PER and MR and also between MR and COPR notification in your case.
Please don't focus on others timescales, as each case is very different. You may well be applying via a different visa office from Bexley82 for a start, and your background checks may take longer, etc. Her case took 8 months, which is very, very quick indeed, but I'm guessing she's a UK citizen applying via London with a very straightforward case. Somebody else born in a different country, perhaps one with high fraud incidents where background checks take longer (such as Pakistan, India, etc), with more complicated circumstances could take twice that amount of time.

So don't use others times as a guide, it's a route to insanity! You're best of just waiting as patiently as you can - I know it's easier said than done, but there's really no other option unless you want to try and get a job offer and move sooner.

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 8th 2014 at 9:40 pm.