FSW2 Applications 2013

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:10 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW2 Applications 2013

Originally Posted by graham1710
Haha, thanks! :-)

Ah, so never ever get rid of them?

So for citizenship, I guess you mean they'll prove the date we became PR's for counting up that time?

What does it have to do with a pension anyway?

Thanks,

Graham.
No, never get rid of them and keep them safe, if you lose them you will have to pay to replace them.

You need to prove how long you have been a PR as CPP is based on the number of years you have been in Canada.

The COPR is actually the official legal record of landing that says you are a PR, not the PR card.

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No, never get rid of them and keep them safe, if you lose them you will have to pay to replace them.

You need to prove how long you have been a PR as CPP is based on the number of years you have been in Canada.

The COPR is actually the official legal record of landing that says you are a PR, not the PR card.

Thanks!

Would CCP not be based off when we entered Canada as TWP's, given we're contributing already? I'll obviously keep the document, but just out of interest.

Thanks,

Graham.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Would CCP not be based off when we entered Canada as TWP's, given we're contributing already? I'll obviously keep the document, but just out of interest.

Thanks,

Graham.
It is one of the documents required to be submitted to prove legal status in Canada. I believe your contributions whilst on a TWP count for the amount you can get. You have to have been in Canada for a minimum of 10 years to be able to claim.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/search...isp3000&lang=e
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It is one of the documents required to be submitted to prove legal status in Canada. I believe your contributions whilst on a TWP count for the amount you can get. You have to have been in Canada for a minimum of 10 years to be able to claim.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/search...isp3000&lang=e
Thanks!

I'll keep it somewhere safe, even after we go for citizenship somewhere down the line.

I assume once we get our PR cards, we can remove both the COPR sheet and the work permit from our passports? She stapled in the COPR sheet, and didn't remove the work permit either. They make my passport very large! Would like to remove them from there once our PR cards arrive. Just checking that's ok?

One other quick question. When going to get a new SIN, will I need my old SIN card, number, etc.? Or is the COPR simply enough? Need to go dig it out if I need the physical card, or take a note of the number.

Then OHIP time!

Is there a time limit to sort SIN (and new OHIP)? Obviously plan to do it asap, but just checking.

Thanks,

Graham.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks!

I'll keep it somewhere safe, even after we go for citizenship somewhere down the line.

I assume once we get our PR cards, we can remove both the COPR sheet and the work permit from our passports? She stapled in the COPR sheet, and didn't remove the work permit either. They make my passport very large! Would like to remove them from there once our PR cards arrive. Just checking that's ok?

One other quick question. When going to get a new SIN, will I need my old SIN card, number, etc.? Or is the COPR simply enough? Need to go dig it out if I need the physical card, or take a note of the number.

Then OHIP time!

Is there a time limit to sort SIN (and new OHIP)? Obviously plan to do it asap, but just checking.

Thanks,

Graham.
1. Yes remove from passport and keep in a safe place, you will require the COPR for OAS.
2. Need the number of the old SIN, makes it easier for Service Canada when they issue the new SIN.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Yes remove from passport and keep in a safe place, you will require the COPR for OAS.
2. Need the number of the old SIN, makes it easier for Service Canada when they issue the new SIN.
Thanks!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

cedarsguardian is an unknown quantity at this point

In My case they took away my old SIN Card.. it was sort of no longer valid.

However I was told they are phasing the cards away... so in your case you will no longer get a card but just the paper SIN.

For OHIP they will need the old card to punch a hole through it and will give you a paper which will have the same OHIP number but different last two characters.

The OHIP card will no longer be valid without the paper sheet that hold those two new characters. In my case they made a mistake of not including those two characters on the paper. This means that you can not get any treatment until you have your new card.. I had to call the health ministry to get the two characters.

I would make sure the new ohip sheet has a line that states : "You new health card will have a version code of AB" for example...

Also in my case when I landed they took away my TWP.

Thanks!

Then OHIP time!

Thanks,

Graham.

Last edited by cedarsguardian; Mar 12th 2014 at 5:20 am.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cedarsguardian
In My case they took away my old SIN Card.. it was sort of no longer valid.

However I was told they are phasing the cards away... so in your case you will no longer get a card but just the paper SIN.

For OHIP they will need the old card to punch a hole through it and will give you a paper which will have the same OHIP number but different last two characters.

The OHIP card will no longer be valid without the paper sheet that hold those two new characters. In my case they made a mistake of not including those two characters on the paper. This means that you can not get any treatment until you have your new card.. I had to call the health ministry to get the two characters.

I would make sure the new ohip sheet has a line that states : YOUr NEw COde is .. AB for example...

Also in my case when I landed they took away my TWP.
Thanks for all the info! :-)

Graham.