Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW1 Apply under new rules - London received yet?

FSW1 Apply under new rules - London received yet?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default FSW1 Apply under new rules - London received yet?

Hi,

Well we finally sent our docs + full application on Monday, which should arrive at CIO at Sydney NS by the end of this week.

Having a nosey on the canadavisa.com, some people there seem to think that CIO are still only looking at applications up to 25th June.

Does this mean that none of the applications post-26th June have even been sent to the respective Visa offices yet? Wonder if anyone who has applied post-26th June can offer any feedback if they've yet received any AOR's or that their apps+docs have made it as far as London?

We're completely expecting to have to wait several months for London to start processing once they receive the app from CIO, but could be even more frustrating if we have to wait several months for it to even get to London!

Wayne.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FSW1 Apply under new rules - London received yet?

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here , but....the process for FSW is;

You send an initial application to Sydney. It's reviewed and if successful, you are asked to submit a full application to your local visa office, in your case London.

AFAIK applications are not sent from Syndey to your local visa office.
AFAIK applications are not returned to you from Sydney unless incomplete.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spaceace
Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here , but....the process for FSW is;

You send an initial application to Sydney. It's reviewed and if successful, you are asked to submit a full application to your local visa office, in your case London.

AFAIK applications are not sent from Syndey to your local visa office.
AFAIK applications are not returned to you from Sydney unless incomplete.
Hi, erm sorry I think you may have the wrong end of the stick and are talking about the process prior to June 26th 2010.

From 26th June onwards, your application forms and all supporting documentation goes to CIO Sydney. They check it for completeness and make sure you've included all required docs (including VO specific stuff) and then they send the pack to the VO, in my case London.

So my question was mainly for those who have submitted under the new post-June 26th process to ask if anybody's docs have gotten as far as London yet.

Thanks,
Wayne.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point

If you read..http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...killed-fed.asp

they sats that " NOTE: Processing times for Federal Skilled Worker applications received on or after June 26, 2010, are not yet available. For applications sent before June 26, 2010, the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, is currently working on applications received up to June 25, 2010."

So, no one has received the AOR.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Waggle
Hi, erm sorry I think you may have the wrong end of the stick and are talking about the process prior to June 26th 2010.

From 26th June onwards, your application forms and all supporting documentation goes to CIO Sydney. They check it for completeness and make sure you've included all required docs (including VO specific stuff) and then they send the pack to the VO, in my case London.

So my question was mainly for those who have submitted under the new post-June 26th process to ask if anybody's docs have gotten as far as London yet.

Thanks,
Wayne.
oh good, for a moment I was thinking you'd sent it off when it was not necessary :-)

Good luck!