Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW1 Application progress from June 26th 2010

FSW1 Application progress from June 26th 2010

Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:42 am
Just Joined

ted34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile FSW1 Application progress from June 26th 2010

Hi Guys,

I have recently submitted my FSW1 application to Sydney and I was wondering if anyone has any up-dates on their application if it was mailed after June 26th 2010 under the new regulations.
What is the first thing that you hear back from commission and how long has it taken to get to your current point.

Kind Regards
Ted
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW1 Application progress from June 26th 2010

Originally Posted by ted34
Hi Guys,

I have recently submitted my FSW1 application to Sydney and I was wondering if anyone has any up-dates on their application if it was mailed after June 26th 2010 under the new regulations.
What is the first thing that you hear back from commission and how long has it taken to get to your current point.

Kind Regards
Ted
There are lots of timeline threads on the forum, and I'm pretty sure that there is one for post 26th applications - if you do a quick search you should find it. Alternatively, have a look at Trackitt to see other's timelines (but just remember that yours may vary massively, as they tend to!).

Good luck with yours.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

Hi there, I have applied for FSW visa in Cat 2 after the new June 2010 rules at the start of Dec 2010. The first contact i received from CIO was my PER which came at the start of March 2011. This was emailed to my immigration lawyer so I'm pretty sure you can expect a similar timeline
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

You may wish to follow this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...421.23145.html

And also this spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0

LOTS of information for post June 26!

Wayne.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:58 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Waggle
You may wish to follow this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...421.23145.html

And also this spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0

LOTS of information for post June 26!

Wayne.
I have just looked at your spreadsheet for the first time. Very interesting! has London VO come to a stand still?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I have just looked at your spreadsheet for the first time. Very interesting! has London VO come to a stand still?
London VO is something of a mystery with regards to post-June-26 applicants. 2 applicants have reported that they have received medical requests, but their applications were received in October. However the July, August and September applicants have heard nothing (including us).

Although one August applicant reported yesterday that he was asked for PCC via email (but no medical requests), and another October applicant who was asked for PCC and some resubmitted forms because he had an unaccounted for period of employment history (once again, no medical requests)

So total communication from London VO for post-June-26 applicants that we know about is:-
- 2 medical requests for October applicants around mid-March
- 1 email request for more info for October applicant 6th April
- 1 email request for more info for August applicant 6th April

That's it. The 2 October applicants getting med requests according to ECAS went into process mid-March and got their medical requests literally a few days afterwards. Our application went into process on more or less the same day, and 3 weeks later we have still heard nothing.

So no idea what's going on!

Wayne.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Waggle
London VO is something of a mystery with regards to post-June-26 applicants. 2 applicants have reported that they have received medical requests, but their applications were received in October. However the July, August and September applicants have heard nothing (including us).

Although one August applicant reported yesterday that he was asked for PCC via email (but no medical requests), and another October applicant who was asked for PCC and some resubmitted forms because he had an unaccounted for period of employment history (once again, no medical requests)

So total communication from London VO for post-June-26 applicants that we know about is:-
- 2 medical requests for October applicants around mid-March
- 1 email request for more info for October applicant 6th April
- 1 email request for more info for August applicant 6th April

That's it. The 2 October applicants getting med requests according to ECAS went into process mid-March and got their medical requests literally a few days afterwards. Our application went into process on more or less the same day, and 3 weeks later we have still heard nothing.

So no idea what's going on!

Wayne.
Don't forget that in April/10 that all the FSW applications from Islamabad were transferred to London. From 2005 to the first Quarter of 2010 that is 19,197 applications plus the backlog. I don't believe that London got very much more staff to process them. Remember with the Isbad applications, with the high level of fraud, there is a lot of to and froing from London to Isbad to have background completed.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 9:16 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Don't forget that in April/10 that all the FSW applications from Islamabad were transferred to London. From 2005 to the first Quarter of 2010 that is 19,197 applications plus the backlog. I don't believe that London got very much more staff to process them. Remember with the Isbad applications, with the high level of fraud, there is a lot of to and froing from London to Isbad to have background completed.
And by all accounts, from what I read on another forum, that was about 12,000 applications! Twelve thousand sounds like a lot, but I can imagine with backlogs and the willingness of people wishing to leave the country that number may be a viable figure. The figures came from a resident of that country who has applied for PR and were commenting on the number of cases transferred to London. Where they obtained that information from I know not.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 1:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by james.mc
And by all accounts, from what I read on another forum, that was about 12,000 applications! Twelve thousand sounds like a lot, but I can imagine with backlogs and the willingness of people wishing to leave the country that number may be a viable figure. The figures came from a resident of that country who has applied for PR and were commenting on the number of cases transferred to London. Where they obtained that information from I know not.
www.data.gc.ca most likely.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Waggles wife is an unknown quantity at this point

We have our Medical requests

they also want new police certificates, RPRF and Background declarations
Old Apr 14th 2011, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggles wife

We have our Medical requests

they also want new police certificates, RPRF and Background declarations
Fantastic news!!!!!!

lns
x