Wikiposts

FSW Work Experience and NOC codes

Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:17 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default FSW Work Experience and NOC codes

Hi All

Just filling in my application and I have a few questions on the form about FSW work experience section -

The form states I should 'List only occupations that fall in Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B of the NOC'

I am applying under code 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers, do I just put my work experience for the above code only as it is one of the list of 38 jobs in demand.

or do I also put some of my previous jobs in here also which are not part of the list of 38 jobs in demand e.g. 2175 Web Designer and Developers.

Basically my question is does the work experience section only apply for the NOC codes that are part of the list of 38 jobs in demand?

Also I read on another post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ork+experience

In the form for the principal applicant, there's the work experience section. When filling this out, if I've done two jobs in the same NOC code consecutively, do I make 2 entries?

E.g.

dd/mm/yyyy -> dd/mm/yyyy NOC 0213

Or just:

Just double checking that the reply on that post of just adding in one entry is sufficient.

Thank you in advance for any help
Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:48 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW Work Experience and NOC codes

The instruction states that you put in only those in NOC Level O, A or B. It does not say anything about the list of 38 so do include 2175 duties.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:07 am
PR living in Vancouver

Ok many thanks I will be sure to include them

Any comments from anyone on my last point about if I've done two jobs in the same NOC code consecutively, do I make 2 entries?

Thanks again
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Hi Jobop..

I applied for the same category in November.

I have NOC 0213 twice, as it was for two different employers, and matched my breakdown of employment history.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

FYI - i also added the NOC for QA Analyst, before i became a QA Manager.

Maple.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:41 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The instruction states that you put in only those in NOC Level O, A or B. It does not say anything about the list of 38 so do include 2175 duties.
Originally Posted by jobop
Ok many thanks I will be sure to include them

Any comments from anyone on my last point about if I've done two jobs in the same NOC code consecutively, do I make 2 entries?

Thanks again
I was in a similar boat.

I put the NOC for older roles even if not on list 38.
I put the NOC codes for those that were on the list against each role, split by the time my role title, team etc changed, even though it was the same NOC code.

This got me as far as the 120 day letter stage at least.

Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:50 am
PR living in Vancouver

Thanks for all the info, this is the last bit I need to fill in on the application forms and then I'm planning send everything off Tuesday after the bank holidays for Easter are out of the way.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone who has applied.