Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

Old Aug 17th 2014, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

chris1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

Originally Posted by gwoodhouse
2174 - Software Developer. Says 200 have gone through, but I imagine its actually much higher.
We're going for NOC 1212 which seems to be less popular than most other NOCS but I guess you never know what's in the pile.
Old Aug 17th 2014, 9:46 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to check the link in the post I made on another thread here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11369763

Old Aug 30th 2014, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Lumen is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the FSW still open? Are they accepting applications before the express system kicks in in Jan 2015?

Last edited by Lumen; Aug 30th 2014 at 5:19 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 6:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lumen
Is the FSW still open? Are they accepting applications before the express system kicks in in Jan 2015?
Welcome to BE.

Yes, they are still accepting applications - see the link in my post above.

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

gwoodhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

My ICAS application is finally in process (and has been for 11 days... that's some slow processing, no wonder they're so behind).

So, that's everything complete and put together - but I notice when going on the check list it says that my Experience letters need to have "Address, Website and Phone number of company" as well of skills included in the letter.

I've been able to offset a few of these by including copies of my employment contract - but - some of them I don't have contracts for any more at the same time as the past employer unwilling to do anything but give a standard letter (and no longer *have* my contracts or a description of what I did). Since there is literally no more proof I can give will the application centre have mercy on me? Should I include a letter describing why the information is missing?

I'm kind of hoping a letter headed paper saying "Java Software Developer between x and x on x money at x hours a day" will be enough for each job because... why wouldn't it?

I'm also worried that my proof of funds (3 appraisals from estate agents rather than chartered surveyors) won't be enough. I'm going through the London office so not sure what they do or do not accept for proof of funds?

Wish me luck!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 4:21 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

My ICAS application is finally in process (and has been for 11 days... that's some slow processing, no wonder they're so behind).

So, that's everything complete and put together - but I notice when going on the check list it says that my Experience letters need to have "Address, Website and Phone number of company" as well of skills included in the letter.

I've been able to offset a few of these by including copies of my employment contract - but - some of them I don't have contracts for any more at the same time as the past employer unwilling to do anything but give a standard letter (and no longer *have* my contracts or a description of what I did). Since there is literally no more proof I can give will the application centre have mercy on me? Should I include a letter describing why the information is missing?

I'm kind of hoping a letter headed paper saying "Java Software Developer between x and x on x money at x hours a day" will be enough for each job because... why wouldn't it?

I'm also worried that my proof of funds (3 appraisals from estate agents rather than chartered surveyors) won't be enough. I'm going through the London office so not sure what they do or do not accept for proof of funds?

Wish me luck!

Basically you have to get your application through CIO Sydney first before it gets to the London VO. So what does or does not accept isn't an issue initially it's pleasing the folk at CIO and getting through the several checks they do there.

I wouldn't leave anything to chance if you do not have to, any chance you can get a surveyor to appraise the property?

If you having trouble getting the letters in the right format then I'd suggest like what I have done provide a covering document explaining you requested the info in the format and the employer did not comply and here is the letter they have provided and put anything else in to back it up. For example my employer before I left the UK took forever to send anything so I printed off their advertise for my replacement outlining what the role entailed together with contract and pay slips.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gwoodhouse;11391083]My ICAS application is finally in process (and has been for 11 days... that's some slow processing, no wonder they're so behind).

Wish me luck![/QUOTE

Hi,
I thought proof of funds needed to be unencumbered, and its typically bank certificates etc. That said I hear London accept property - check with Siouxie maybe

Re: employment references, I really think that CIC want to see duties and responsibilites. I know employers will not give it, in that case, yes explanation but other things eg. payslips, similar job role ads, I dont know, but don't skimp on that IMHO...

Good luck!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dishwashing

Hi,
I thought proof of funds needed to be unencumbered, and its typically bank certificates etc. That said I hear London accept property - check with Siouxie maybe

Re: employment references, I really think that CIC want to see duties and responsibilites. I know employers will not give it, in that case, yes explanation but other things eg. payslips, similar job role ads, I dont know, but don't skimp on that IMHO...

Good luck!
I'll certainly print out some job descriptions for java developers (That's easy enough) and I'll print out the email chains where I've asked for the right thing and they've said "Sorry, We can't give you that".

As for proof of funds - I have no £1000's in my bank accounts. Infact, without my house, I'm in slightly in debt! I'm counting on my house counting towards my proof of funds as I'd read on here that London office accepts your home as proof you'll have enough money to survive when you move?

Eeek?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

I've also just seen at the bottom of the "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union" form that it needs to be signed by a "Commissioner of Oaths" ?!

It's very annoying I can't just say "Married" since we're in a civil partnership.

What the heck? It says at the top "Before you start, Read the instruction guide". Does anyone know where this instruction guide might be? All I've been able to find is this:
How can my common-law partner and I prove we have been together for 12 months?
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:38 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I've also just seen at the bottom of the "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union" form that it needs to be signed by a "Commissioner of Oaths" ?!

It's very annoying I can't just say "Married" since we're in a civil partnership.

What the heck? It says at the top "Before you start, Read the instruction guide". Does anyone know where this instruction guide might be? All I've been able to find is this:
The common law declaration was fairly straight forward although we got ours done in Canada. We literally had a notary office within a 5 minute walk and we had it stamped and back out of the office within about 5 minutes. Try fooling commissioner of oaths for your area of London and my understanding is it should be £10-20 to get it done unless they charge more these days.

Ours cost $40 but we did not shop around and wanted it that day to ship off our PR package.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 12:25 pm
Banned

Guide 7000 - Application for Permanent Residence: Federal Skilled Worker Class

Which is part of the complete application package Applying as a Skilled Worker

You may also want to read the manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../op06c-eng.pdf

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 4th 2014 at 12:27 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond reputedishwashing has a reputation beyond repute

I'll certainly print out some job descriptions for java developers (That's easy enough) and I'll print out the email chains where I've asked for the right thing and they've said "Sorry, We can't give you that".

As for proof of funds - I have no £1000's in my bank accounts. Infact, without my house, I'm in slightly in debt! I'm counting on my house counting towards my proof of funds as I'd read on here that London office accepts your home as proof you'll have enough money to survive when you move?

Eeek?
(PErsonally) I am still worried about the lack of one reference with job duties, so seek if you can beg even for a personal reference with a business card or something. Not a professional opinion, just imho

Good luck
Old Sep 4th 2014, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thanks, but I know where the /general/ help instructions and info is. The form led me to believe there might be extra instructions on the common in law documentation specifically. Which I'm not sure there is.

And I do have a couple of references for a good 5 Yeats explaining my role, duties, pay, hours, time in role, address, website etc. Just a couple of them being awkward about it and leaving off everything they're asked for (aka duties, address etc). I've had the same "Role" in each job so it really is obvious what I do, I just don't know how lenient they are if it isn't 100% obvious and correct to the letter!
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Had my application checked, fixed all the bits which were "off", printed out a few more pages, got it rechecked, ready to send it off today.

My NoC code is now full I knew it would be but still makes me sad

Here's looking forward to January.