Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

Old Apr 24th 2014, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

gwoodhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

I thought it might be worth me creating a new thread to ask this,

Christmasoompa has pointed out that the FSW program will reset it's caps for May 1st this year (2014).

I have my forms mostly filled in by now, but what I don't have is all the extra bits I should have gathered together months ago:

IELTS General Training Test Results - My closest test date is the 10th of May - I'm not sure how long after that I'll get the results?

ICAS assessment - I've applied and I'm sending in my documents tomorrow - Does this process take long to return?

Worst of the Worst - Police checks - How long do I need to have lived somewhere to require a police check?

UK, Acpos (http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx) for the UK, Couldn't find how long this takes,

I've also live in America for a year (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ted-states.asp) which will take 16 - 18 weeks!? And I need to get my fingerprints taken at a fingerprint center? Does England even have those?

And I've lived in Australia for a year
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../australia.asp) - this has no clue as to how long it'll take either

So, how long after May 1st do caps get reached? Should I start preparing all of the above documentation for January 2015 instead?

Thanks again!

Graeme
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW Timeline May 1st 2014 - Am I too late?

Originally Posted by gwoodhouse
I thought it might be worth me creating a new thread to ask this,

Christmasoompa has pointed out that the FSW program will reset it's caps for May 1st this year (2014).

I have my forms mostly filled in by now, but what I don't have is all the extra bits I should have gathered together months ago:

IELTS General Training Test Results - My closest test date is the 10th of May - I'm not sure how long after that I'll get the results?

ICAS assessment - I've applied and I'm sending in my documents tomorrow - Does this process take long to return?

Worst of the Worst - Police checks - How long do I need to have lived somewhere to require a police check?

UK, Acpos (http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx) for the UK, Couldn't find how long this takes,

I've also live in America for a year (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ted-states.asp) which will take 16 - 18 weeks!? And I need to get my fingerprints taken at a fingerprint center? Does England even have those?

And I've lived in Australia for a year
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../australia.asp) - this has no clue as to how long it'll take either

So, how long after May 1st do caps get reached? Should I start preparing all of the above documentation for January 2015 instead?

Thanks again!

Graeme
You will need a police certificate for anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months except Canada (it does clearly say this on the CIC website).

UK - it's on the form. Standard is 10 days, express is 2 days.
USA - you could try a digital service (call them to check that they are valid and acceptable for the FBI) http://www.ukfingerprints.com/
Australia - it tells you on the website, 15 days. http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...spx#processing

According to IELTS.org, it takes 13 calendar days to receive the results. I don't know if this applies across the board. https://www.ielts.org/test_takers_in...t_results.aspx

ICAS has a separate section for FSW applicants: http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/home.aspx

Thank goodness for google!

Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

How am I not finding any of this information!!

Does the cap get reached in a week or month...?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 8:13 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

How am I not finding any of this information!!

Does the cap get reached in a week or month...?
Lol, look at my avi and you will see 'Google Queen' on it

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cert/intro.asp

As to the caps, it's likely that most will be in the same boat of not being 'ready' to submit immediately. It could fill in days or in weeks, it's really an unknown quantity. All you can do is get everything together and submit - and if you don't get through this time, use everything (except the police certificates, which have to be less than 3 months old when submitted) to apply in January.

Old Apr 24th 2014, 10:10 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You will need a police certificate for anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months except Canada (it does clearly say this on the CIC website).

UK - it's on the form. Standard is 10 days, express is 2 days.
USA - you could try a digital service (call them to check that they are valid and acceptable for the FBI) http://www.ukfingerprints.com/
Australia - it tells you on the website, 15 days. http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...spx#processing

According to IELTS.org, it takes 13 calendar days to receive the results. I don't know if this applies across the board. https://www.ielts.org/test_takers_in...t_results.aspx

ICAS has a separate section for FSW applicants: http://www.icascanada.ca/fsw/home.aspx

Thank goodness for google!

FBI is actually 4-6 weeks these days.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Right - I have my English Tests Booked and paid for, who will send the results to me so I can send them off with my application.

I have my forms sent off to each Educational Institute for them to send the forms *directly* to ICAS. I'm assuming I'll get a letter from ICAS to include in my application.

I have asked all of my Employers to fill in a "Proof of Employment" letter for me and get that mailed to me, which will be included in my application.

As for my police reports. I need to get them sent to me (Correct? " You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file." ~ CIC) so I can attach them to my form. The guide form doesn't say I need a police check for my partner, is that right?

Everything else are forms I just need to fill in myself.

Hopefully this sounds sane? It's really hard work keeping your head straight with all of these forms and numbers and procedures floating around!

Last edited by gwoodhouse; Apr 25th 2014 at 12:31 am.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As for my police reports. I need to get them sent to me (Correct?) so I can attach them to my form. The guide form doesn't say I need a police check for my partner, is that right?
Nope. One is needed for all applicants over the age of 18, it does say so in the guide:

You and all of your family members who are 18 years of age and older and who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens will have to provide a valid police certificate

HTH.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have asked all of my Employers to fill in a "Proof of Employment" letter for me and get that mailed to me, which will be included in my application.
And just checking, but you've asked for your reference letters to include your duties on them? So that they match up with the 'main duties' of the NOC code you're applying under? That's pretty crucial unless you've got lots of other proof of those duties i.e. in employment contracts.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

It's several months later, I still don't have anything back from ICAS.

My application was put in the queue below (Took ages for my university to get copies to them):

06/16/2014 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment

Should it be taking this long? Even an email to them hasn't been answered in a week.

By now I have my Police Checks, ILETS test, Property Evaluation (for funds) - As far as I'm aware I'm only waiting on my ICAS results.

By this point I'm sure the cap must have been reached so I'm mostly waiting for the new System to open up in January.

Are there any Immigration Lawyers that will check over your application for completeness and accuracy? That don't cost $1000's anyway, searches and emails are bringing up all Immigration Laywers that want to sell you "The Whole Package".
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It's several months later, I still don't have anything back from ICAS.

My application was put in the queue below (Took ages for my university to get copies to them):

06/16/2014 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment

Should it be taking this long? Even an email to them hasn't been answered in a week.
Sounds right to me, that's been two months and according to their website:

The current processing time for an assessment is approximately 8-10 weeks from the date on which all required documents are received in our office.

So hopefully you should hear anytime soon.

As for paying somebody to check your application over, yes, you can do this. Have a look at this company - Application Checking Service

HTH.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

P.S. Don't forget that your police cert must be less than 3 months old when submitted, so if you do end up having to wait until Jan to apply, you'll need a new one.

HTH.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
P.S. Don't forget that your police cert must be less than 3 months old when submitted, so if you do end up having to wait until Jan to apply, you'll need a new one.

HTH.
Darn it - I obviously missed that.

Pants.

On the bright side, I remember it saying you can reapply for your police certs WHILE your application is being processed so there is a little bit of leeway?

Will probably still apply for this one (even if the cap has been reached) just so I can say I have (And so all this effort hasn't been for nothing).

Thanks for the link - will check them out now.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

chris1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Darn it - I obviously missed that.

Pants.

On the bright side, I remember it saying you can reapply for your police certs WHILE your application is being processed so there is a little bit of leeway?

Will probably still apply for this one (even if the cap has been reached) just so I can say I have (And so all this effort hasn't been for nothing).

Thanks for the link - will check them out now.
Hello sorry for crashing your thread but I'm keeping a close eye on the cap limit as well. If you look at Applications we will accept – Federal skilled workers this has a live tracker that shows the total number of applications received per NOC code. Obviously some will fill up quicker than others my wife and I are just hoping we get our WES request back in time.
Just out of interest what NOC are you applying under ?
Old Aug 15th 2014, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by chris1981
Hello sorry for crashing your thread but I'm keeping a close eye on the cap limit as well. If you look at Applications we will accept – Federal skilled workers this has a live tracker that shows the total number of applications received per NOC code. Obviously some will fill up quicker than others my wife and I are just hoping we get our WES request back in time.
Ignore that tracker completely, they're still opening apps they received in May! It's notoriously inaccurate.

As said in another thread, just using the figures from a spreadsheet on another forum, over 2000 people have applied, and that's just members of that forum! So that tells you how far off it is.

HTH, good luck.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris1981
2174 - Software Developer. Says 200 have gone through, but I imagine its actually much higher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.