FSW question - Nursing

Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Mamawona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW question - Nursing

Hello all,

Can I assume that if a prospective employer attempts an LMO for myself (Nursing) and that skill is not on the FSW list it that it may very well not be approved?

Any thoughts please

Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2013, 1:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW question - Nursing

I moved your post to it's own thread as you are more likely to receive responses.

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mamawona
Hello all,

Can I assume that if a prospective employer attempts an LMO for myself (Nursing) and that skill is not on the FSW list it that it may very well not be approved?

Any thoughts please

Cheers
Hey,

I'm sure someone else can better advise you.

As far as I know, the role not being on the FSW list doesn't stop an LMO being approved. The list is only for applying for PR without a job offer. I know there has been plenty of people on here gone over on TWP with an LMO whose job wasn't on the list.

That being said, I have read there being a lot more to nursing in terms of qualifications transfer, etc. I have no idea about that section though!

So you should still hopefully be able to get an LMO approved, regardless of whether it's on the list. The LMO is granted if they've met the requirements around advertising it, and there not being a suitable Canadian to do the job. I'm sure someone may correct the precise details of that, but that's my rough understanding.

Hope this helps.

Graham.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 6:52 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

LMOs are approved all the time for occupations not included on the list.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

My understanding is that the 2 biggest considerations for LMO approval/non-approval is

1) That the job has been substantially advertised for at least 2 weeks without a suitable Canadian citizen or permanent resident found to do the job

2) That the job pays at least averages wages for the position, so that the immigrant is not undercutting the local workforce.

Normally if those 2 criteria are met, the LMO should be approved.

Indeed the majority of LMOs are for occupations not on the list. If they were on the list they could apply FSW1 and not require the LMO in the first place

Wayne.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

Any thoughts please

Cheers

The answer to your question I see, has been answered.

I must ask

Have you had your qualifications assessed by the relevant Province's college of nursing?

To allow you to be awarded a Temporary Graduate Nurse licence prior to sitting the CRNE. Apologies if you have already been through this process.

Which Province are you planning on settling in?
Best of luck
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Mamawona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mad Jockette,
My university transcripts are currently being assessed by the Canadian Nurses of Ontario. It has been 20 weeks since I applied for my registration. Recieved a letter from them the other day requesting verification of practice from the NMC in Scotland and verification of my course being delivered in English. Hopefully I am getting closer to gaining my temporary license then I will arrange for a trip to sit the CRNE. My daughter, son in law and their family live in Hamilton Ontario. So I would like to secure a post in this area
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mad Jockette,
My university transcripts are currently being assessed by the Canadian Nurses of Ontario. It has been 20 weeks since I applied for my registration. Recieved a letter from them the other day requesting verification of practice from the NMC in Scotland and verification of my course being delivered in English. Hopefully I am getting closer to gaining my temporary license then I will arrange for a trip to sit the CRNE. My daughter, son in law and their family live in Hamilton Ontario. So I would like to secure a post in this area
That sounds good.
I wish you all the best on your new adventure