FSW PR - current route Or EE??

Old Dec 5th 2014, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile FSW PR - current route Or EE??

I was wondering what panel thinks: should I apply under current system without a job offer or wait and apply under EE system?

I will collate my last few references certainly within the next week and Calculating my points - it is 68 without any Job offer, which I think is enough points.

Oh! I am currently waiting for an employer to apply for LMIA to be applied by 11/12 so then can relocate to Toronto, ON soon!

Thanks for your guidance all!
Old Dec 5th 2014, 2:45 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW PR - current route Or EE??

Do you know that you can actually get the application in on time anyway?

I'm wondering if the new EE system will work nicely for us as if you do get selected to apply then the website does appear to suggest a quick processing time for PR... With a job offer and your type of job I might have thought EE would fit well. But who really knows? Only time will tell....
Old Dec 5th 2014, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

DrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an ECA and up to date police certificates and IELTS? In essence, if you review the latest available checklist and have everything you need more or less to hand, then it may be just about worth your while to apply now.

I sent my FSW app in Aug (recd Aug 11) and just received notification of processing a couple of days ago! My plan was to apply on the old FSW and also apply with EE in Jan...right now, even applying in Aug seems to have been a waste of time and money. I suppose a benefit is that I have everything ready to join in crashing the CIC site on Jan 1!!

The main consideration is that EE will require provincial nomination or a job offer for half of the 1200 total points...if you are 'guaranteed' a job offer, I'd get that and go with EE at this stage.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.

Yes! i have all documents except police certificate which can be obtained within 2 days, if paid premium and few references. I just got my IELTS result yesterday which is the reason for me to post here as got the points I require!

Reading on EE it seems to be much quicker but as you said half of points given if one has a job. whereas now I can apply without reliance on any job offer. I do think EE probably will be quicker if one has job offer but hey! it is the unknown which is annoying! I never think any thing is guaranteed in life with so much uncertainty!

Oh! Did not know I can apply under current system and also via EE in Jan. if can I ll give both a shot. How do you know you can do both?
Old Dec 6th 2014, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

DrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond reputeDrealDeel has a reputation beyond repute

'Oh! Did not know I can apply under current system and also via EE in Jan. if can I ll give both a shot. How do you know you can do both?'

From this link posted, I think by FL on a different thread. The relevant bit is below the link....

Notice – Express Entry questions and answers

30. I am currently waiting for my application for permanent residence to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Can I submit an Express Entry profile?

You may submit a new Express Entry profile, but it is not necessary. However, we will not refund any processing fees paid related to your original application. Your existing application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied.

If you choose to create an Express Entry profile and are invited to apply, you will be required to submit a new application for permanent residence and the associated processing fees.

In other words, it'll cost ya. But could be worth doubling up to ensure you are not beholden to an employer etc... That's my approach, though even in August, I fully expected that EE would get me PR faster, based on FSW processing times.

Last edited by DrealDeel; Dec 6th 2014 at 12:53 am.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 12:49 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I thought a job offer was on it's way? Our LMO took 10 days which is about the norm for doctors from what I've heard..
Old Dec 6th 2014, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DrealDeel
'Oh! Did not know I can apply under current system and also via EE in Jan. if can I ll give both a shot. How do you know you can do both?'

From this link posted, I think by FL on a different thread. The relevant bit is below the link....

Notice – Express Entry questions and answers

30. I am currently waiting for my application for permanent residence to be processed in the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Can I submit an Express Entry profile?

You may submit a new Express Entry profile, but it is not necessary. However, we will not refund any processing fees paid related to your original application. Your existing application will be processed based on the rules in place at the time you applied.

If you choose to create an Express Entry profile and are invited to apply, you will be required to submit a new application for permanent residence and the associated processing fees.

In other words, it'll cost ya. But could be worth doubling up to ensure you are not beholden to an employer etc... That's my approach, though even in August, I fully expected that EE would get me PR faster, based on FSW processing times.

Great! thanks. It makes my option a lot easier now!
Old Dec 6th 2014, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I thought a job offer was on it's way? Our LMO took 10 days which is about the norm for doctors from what I've heard..
Yes!my Employer suppose to apply on 11 Dec! Perhaps I can wait till Jan once LMIA is obtained but I just don't want to rely on any employer.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 1:06 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Hasan78
Yes!my Employer suppose to apply on 11 Dec! Perhaps I can wait till Jan once LMIA is obtained but I just don't want to rely on any employer.
Why though? As long as your employer is someone you think you can work with and you're happy with the set up...

You could be out here working getting a feel for what you do want out of a work place and waiting for PR....once achieved then you can move on. I wouldn't wait personally for PR to come just so that you can move around.

My husband has been out here for a year nearly and on one model of health care payment, he has been approached to consider moving to another model and new health care centre. But we're not still sure about the different models so not likely to shift employers easily...

Out of interest.... Do you have a full license, done both exams?

Last edited by Tirytory; Dec 6th 2014 at 1:08 am.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Why though? As long as your employer is someone you think you can work with and you're happy with the set up...

You could be out here working getting a feel for what you do want out of a work place and waiting for PR....once achieved then you can move on. I wouldn't wait personally for PR to come just so that you can move around.

My husband has been out here for a year nearly and on one model of health care payment, he has been approached to consider moving to another model and new health care centre. But we're not still sure about the different models so not likely to shift employers easily...

Out of interest.... Do you have a full license, done both exams?
Well! I am ok with current employer's T&C but he missed up once with not doing ads properly so I had to point out things for him resulting in 4 weeks of delaying before he can apply for LMIA. 2ndly Reliance on another person just feels a burden to me. I know i will have flexibility due to shortage of dr in Canada.

Yes! my delay of leaving UK was to finish all my exams so I can get full independent license rather restricted! i have got it but to complete the whole process I need to submit my Criminal record check. I have till April 2015 to complete the whole application. The CRC check changed so now candidate has to apply whereas before CPSO would have done it on candidate behalf.
Old Dec 6th 2014, 3:57 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Hasan78
Well! I am ok with current employer's T&C but he missed up once with not doing ads properly so I had to point out things for him resulting in 4 weeks of delaying before he can apply for LMIA. 2ndly Reliance on another person just feels a burden to me. I know i will have flexibility due to shortage of dr in Canada.

Yes! my delay of leaving UK was to finish all my exams so I can get full independent license rather restricted! i have got it but to complete the whole process I need to submit my Criminal record check. I have till April 2015 to complete the whole application. The CRC check changed so now candidate has to apply whereas before CPSO would have done it on candidate behalf.
Well to be fair they are doctors rather than personnel staff.... The husbands supervisor had to resubmit something to get the LMO but we didn't hold it against him