Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW: Points-adaptability-what if relative dies during application processing

FSW: Points-adaptability-what if relative dies during application processing

Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

jhelumpk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question FSW: Points-adaptability-what if relative dies during application processing

If an application is in process and relative in Canada dies then what happens to points, which are 5 for this factor.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW: Points-adaptability-what if relative dies during application processing

Originally Posted by jhelumpk
If an application is in process and relative in Canada dies then what happens to points, which are 5 for this factor.
You wouldn't get them I'm afraid, it must be a living relative to count and you'll need to provide proof to claim those points.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: FSW: Points-adaptability-what if relative dies during application processing

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You wouldn't get them I'm afraid, it must be a living relative to count and you'll need to provide proof to claim those points.
Thank u for ure reply. My uncle lives in ON, Canada and i am going to claim points, adaptability, for this. What documents and proves, besides blood relationship, are required for this. Is there financial requirements, i.e bank statements?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank u for ure reply. My uncle lives in ON, Canada and i am going to claim points, adaptability, for this. What documents and proves, besides blood relationship, are required for this. Is there financial requirements, i.e bank statements?
You need to prove the relationship via things like birth certificates, and also show that he lives in Canada so perhaps his bank statements or utility bills. There may be other proof that's required, but I'm not sure - a quick search will throw up the answer though.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

We have attached: Last Tax Return, Photocopy of permanent residency card, 2 utility bills, also had an affidavit stating the persons relationship to my wife.
All had to be notarised by their public notary.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sdo1982
We have attached: Last Tax Return, Photocopy of permanent residency card, 2 utility bills, also had an affidavit stating the persons relationship to my wife.
All had to be notarised by their public notary.
Please let me know that whether i have to prove relationship only or there are other requirements, i.e proof of funds to support me.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

We have not had to show proof of funds as we are going through the FSW route, my wife's relatives just give us a few more points for a comfort zone.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sdo1982
We have not had to show proof of funds as we are going through the FSW route, my wife's relatives just give us a few more points for a comfort zone.
Thank you.
It means you only have to prove relationship and his status. i.e citizen or permanent residence, to claim points. NOT his FINANCIAL position?????
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Correct as he is not our sponsor, his financial position is irrelevant.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:30 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

So is he dead are you just concerned he may pop his clogs and scupper your plans?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Aviator
So is he dead are you just concerned he may pop his clogs and scupper your plans?
Oh no he's alive, I just afraid of with condition "if"- at the same time my aunt is also there. But please confirm if it happens, unfortunately, then can i get points- as my Aunt is there too? If yes what, documents, will be required???????
But one thing which got me worried, by some one's post which I forget where i saw that post in this forum or esle where, may be Canadavisa.com, that was FINANCIAL POSITION of my uncle, that posts read that financial position matters, income or economically established. As my uncle is 65 plus and lives in Toronto, ON. He does job but not regularly, Taxi. I think he's also getting old age benefits.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If your applying via FSW cat1 route then any proof of finances will need to come from you as its you who will be required to show you have the current minimum settlement funds as required by CIC .
Having enough points (67) is only part of the requirements for gaining FSW cat1 approval.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

Oh no he's alive, I just afraid of with condition "if"- at the same time my aunt is also there. But please confirm if it happens, unfortunately, then can i get points- as my Aunt is there too? If yes what, documents, will be required???????
But one thing which got me worried, by some one's post which I forget where i saw that post in this forum or esle where, may be Canadavisa.com, that was FINANCIAL POSITION of my uncle, that posts read that financial position matters, income or economically established. As my uncle is 65 plus and lives in Toronto, ON. He does job but not regularly, Taxi. I think he's also getting old age benefits.
We were asked to provide a copy of my wife's uncles passport and birth certificate.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rich07
We were asked to provide a copy of my wife's uncles passport and birth certificate.
So, you only provided these two things, nothing else and got points?