FSW NOC Question - please help

Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:41 am
Just Joined

zanyR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW NOC Question - please help

HI,

I am a bit confused. My husband and I are applying under the FSW cat 1. NOC list no 0213 - Computer and information systems manager. My husband does the majority of the duties listed, so we thought he would be eligible under that.

Within the details on the HRSDC web site it lists example titles, main duties, employment requirements and at the bottom Classified Elsewhere.

Looking in the job titles within the Classified Elsewhere is 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants. This would be my husbands job title in the "pure" sense but he does pretty much everything in 0213.

So basically I want to pick your brains on do we qualify or not?

What does the Classified Elsewhere mean exactly?

Please help

Thanks

zanyR
Old Jun 13th 2009, 8:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW NOC Question - please help

Hi

Originally Posted by zanyR
HI,

I am a bit confused. My husband and I are applying under the FSW cat 1. NOC list no 0213 - Computer and information systems manager. My husband does the majority of the duties listed, so we thought he would be eligible under that.

Within the details on the HRSDC web site it lists example titles, main duties, employment requirements and at the bottom Classified Elsewhere.

Looking in the job titles within the Classified Elsewhere is 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants. This would be my husbands job title in the "pure" sense but he does pretty much everything in 0213.

So basically I want to pick your brains on do we qualify or not?

What does the Classified Elsewhere mean exactly?

Please help

Thanks

zanyR
To qualify under 0213 concentrate on the Management functions, recruiting directing, budgeting, supervising this is the hurdle he will have to overcome. Classified elsewhere in this case 2171 is the job without management responsibilities.