FSW NOC 1122

Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSW NOC 1122

Heard from canadavisa forum that they reckon applications not received before July 8th YES 8TH!!! are being rejected for not meeting the quote. Anyone hear heard this?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: FSW NOC 1122

Originally Posted by floatsy
Heard from canadavisa forum that they reckon applications not received before July 8th YES 8TH!!! are being rejected for not meeting the quote. Anyone hear heard this?
Yes apparently some people queried CIO and they replied that the quota was filled with applications up until the 8th. I think because of the large volume of applications it just took them until 22nd August to process that many!

Of course, because it can take several months for CIO to get the applications back to the applicants, nobody has actually reported having their applications back yet.

It would be way better if CIC would simply include the date of the most recently included application when they publish the CAP results. Then it would save people guessing and being kept in the dark.

Wayne.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
Yes apparently some people queried CIO and they replied that the quota was filled with applications up until the 8th. I think because of the large volume of applications it just took them until 22nd August to process that many!

Of course, because it can take several months for CIO to get the applications back to the applicants, nobody has actually reported having their applications back yet.

It would be way better if CIC would simply include the date of the most recently included application when they publish the CAP results. Then it would save people guessing and being kept in the dark.

Wayne.
Thanks Waggle. Guess I'm out then. An under 1000 dollar bet but still, ..

Thanks, cheers.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Thanks Waggle. Guess I'm out then. An under 1000 dollar bet but still, ..

Thanks, cheers.
When did your application arrive? If it was in July I wouldn't lose hope just yet - we only have a user's word for it on canadavisa.com - and the information on there has been known to be wrong.

I think we need more conclusive data from more users to be 100% sure.

And even if you your application did not make it within the cap, you will receive your processing fee back. So the only cost really is the time and cost of gathering your documents.

Wayne.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

When did your application arrive? If it was in July I wouldn't lose hope just yet - we only have a user's word for it on canadavisa.com - and the information on there has been known to be wrong.

I think we need more conclusive data from more users to be 100% sure.

And even if you your application did not make it within the cap, you will receive your processing fee back. So the only cost really is the time and cost of gathering your documents.

Wayne.
Wayne

Yes it arrived about mid July and yes I do hope so....

The fees we incurred were just things like travelling to IELTS, hotel night, IELTS, notarisation, police certificates (3) etc It still came to 1K ...

Cheers and hope your move is going splendidly!

f.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wayne

Yes it arrived about mid July and yes I do hope so....

The fees we incurred were just things like travelling to IELTS, hotel night, IELTS, notarisation, police certificates (3) etc It still came to 1K ...

Cheers and hope your move is going splendidly!

f.
But if you still intend to apply either next year, or try to secure a job offer and apply this year, then some of that money is not necessarily wasted.

For example, the IELTS certificate can be up to 2 years old now when CIO receive them and once they have them, they do not expire. So if you apply again within the next 21 months, you can use the same IELTS certs.

If I were you I would probably assume that you will be rejected, then it will be a pleasant surprise if you are not But on that assumption your choices are
1) Prepare to apply again next year under FSW1 and hope that NOC 1122 is still on the list
2) Look about applying with a job offer under FSW2 or Provincial Nomination
3) Call it a day

If you are really determined you could potentially be applying again in just a few months under FSW2 if you can secure a job offer with an LMO. It is more work but apply for some jobs, make some phone calls, have a few telephone interviews and then book yourself a 2 week holiday in Canada and squeeze in as many interviews as you can.

Queencougar's husband did this, and got a job during the 2 weeks he was out there. The firm were very understanding with getting the LMO for him (and have since renewed it for him).

So it just takes a bit of commitment

Wayne.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

But if you still intend to apply either next year, or try to secure a job offer and apply this year, then some of that money is not necessarily wasted.

For example, the IELTS certificate can be up to 2 years old now when CIO receive them and once they have them, they do not expire. So if you apply again within the next 21 months, you can use the same IELTS certs.

If I were you I would probably assume that you will be rejected, then it will be a pleasant surprise if you are not But on that assumption your choices are
1) Prepare to apply again next year under FSW1 and hope that NOC 1122 is still on the list
2) Look about applying with a job offer under FSW2 or Provincial Nomination
3) Call it a day

If you are really determined you could potentially be applying again in just a few months under FSW2 if you can secure a job offer with an LMO. It is more work but apply for some jobs, make some phone calls, have a few telephone interviews and then book yourself a 2 week holiday in Canada and squeeze in as many interviews as you can.

Queencougar's husband did this, and got a job during the 2 weeks he was out there. The firm were very understanding with getting the LMO for him (and have since renewed it for him).

So it just takes a bit of commitment

Wayne.
Hi Wayne

Thanks so much, you are a beacon of encouragement, mucho appreciated.

FSW 2 is sponsorship I presume then, I will look into it as you suggest, hopefully the economy is holding up there. I googled a few old companies I have worked for and positions are slight, but I will give it a shot

Cheers again!
Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

PS Provincial nom... do you presume it would be hard to get one for BC as I presume it is most popular?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

PS Provincial nom... do you presume it would be hard to get one for BC as I presume it is most popular?
I am not much of an expert on Provincial Nom. Basically I think you still need to get a job offer, but rather than having to get an LMO approved by HRDSC, the local province instead sponsors your residency application, based on the type of role it is and whether it is an in-demand job in that province.

So for BC I guess it just depends which types of job are on their in-demand list.

Wayne.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Yup.

OK Thanks, Wayne.

f.