FSW List Announced Today

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 7:51 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW List Announced Today

Originally Posted by peeshpie
I have lost the plot re: plan c.... I sat shouting 'marry me!' at the rather good looking RCMP officer on last night's BBC news at 10....husband sat in the chair shaking his head....
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Totally nuts!! Can't really share my thoughts about my obsession with Canada other than with my husband...they just don't get it.....a favourite pastime is to watch the North American weather forecast on the bbc website.....such a dreamer...
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

This is starting to become a confessional....back to the catholic habits of my childhood...'bless me father for I have have sinned...it has been 30 years since my last confession.'.....
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lydiaparr
Is this something in all seriousness you can do.? Is there a desk you can go to officially to have your application accepted.? Is it worth doing.?
Will CIC take handed in applications before the posted ones.?

Just curious as hubby will be applying as a computer programmer. Are we wasting our time even trying to apply by post.?
I believe so. Some lawyers/agents were actually charging for a hand-in-person service.

Although I don't have any experience of it personally.

I imagine they just take them in the order they arrive, depends if the post van gets there before or after they open the doors for personal hand-ins! ;p

Wayne.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hey,
It is not worth my time to prepare a lottery ticket that has to rely on making it through the few minutes in which the quota is filled on day 1 when all the immigration consultants and private citizens deliver prepared applications.

Also, I choose not to pay Campbell Cohen a non returnable advance payment to prepare my application because I discovered the ministers new comments about sneaking a new list in something that previously was not covered. That is a calculated risk that I choose to take and if the minister had release this information at the beginning of April - or six months ago!!! then those of us that were on the list could have chosen to prepare applications - saving everyone else a lot of effort, money and false hope (and wasted fees on lawyers)....
Ben
That's the nail right on the head, there.

Applicants were facing two unpleasant possibilities
1) Being beaten to the cap by other applicants who chose to gamble and prepare their documents "in case" they were on the list
2) Wasting their time preparing documents only to find they are not on the list.

2 weeks is an unreasonable time to expect an applicant to react to the list coming out. With this 'freeze' they could have announced this months ago.

OR changed the start date to July or something and given everybody a fair chance to react to the list and prepare their documents.

Canada is a great place, we love it here. But the wall of bureaucracy and red tape surrounding it is regrettably likely to put a lot of good people off trying

Wayne.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey,

Now what makes my blood boil is that this is the first press release that I have seen the sets any expectation about the existence or level of any quota cap let alone cap in the individual NOCs of 300.

It is this cap of 300 that simply makes it not worth applying - it will be gone in minutes on day 1 as applications are received from the built up head of applications ...
Well, just to put things into perspective on that one. We sent our application in 2010 some 8 weeks after the list was announced. In 3131 Pharmacy which was I believe the 2nd most popular NOC after the 1122.

When they eventually announced how many apps were received (some time after ours had landed) the 3131 NOC was at 350 odd out of 1000. So I believe ours was probably one of the first 300 received.

And that was a popular NOC. And a lot of people in the same boat.

So the cap of 300 certainly makes things tougher than the 1000 caps of 2010, but it's not insurmountable.

Wayne.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 3:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that whilst some people may have 'pre-empted' the announcement by filling out the forms ahead of time, they may be out of luck because there are new forms coming out for this application - unless they have already updated them (I am not sure whether they have or not).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2013-04-18.asp

"... IMPORTANT NOTE: CIC will update application kits and web materials before the new FSWP is launched on May 4, 2013. Prospective applicants who wish to get a head start on their application can proceed with the steps and information outlined above but should check the CIC website for new FSWP application forms... "
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:05 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peeshpie
Totally nuts!! Can't really share my thoughts about my obsession with Canada other than with my husband...they just don't get it.....a favourite pastime is to watch the North American weather forecast on the bbc website.....such a dreamer...
I have Vancouver time and weather set up on my smartphone
Old Apr 24th 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by siouxie
Don't forget that whilst some people may have 'pre-empted' the announcement by filling out the forms ahead of time, they may be out of luck because there are new forms coming out for this application - unless they have already updated them (I am not sure whether they have or not).

"... IMPORTANT NOTE: CIC will update application kits and web materials before the new FSWP is launched on May 4, 2013. Prospective applicants who wish to get a head start on their application can proceed with the steps and information outlined above but should check the CIC website for new FSWP application forms... "
I suppose if you have a trade/job on the list of 24 it couldnt do any ahrm to fill the forms so you know and have the info required. Then if new forms come out you are in any sense updating from a draft document to the final document. I wouldnt see it as extra work as once your app goes in there will be further requests for info etc and hoops to jump through so in the larger picture its part and parcel of getting over to Canada ehhh
Old Apr 24th 2013, 1:15 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie

AND I seriously doubt anyone will have their credential assessment tied up by that date. ICAS are quoting three months at that the moment and that will only get worse.
Old Apr 24th 2013, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
That's the nail right on the head, there.

Applicants were facing two unpleasant possibilities
1) Being beaten to the cap by other applicants who chose to gamble and prepare their documents "in case" they were on the list
2) Wasting their time preparing documents only to find they are not on the list.

2 weeks is an unreasonable time to expect an applicant to react to the list coming out. With this 'freeze' they could have announced this months ago.

OR changed the start date to July or something and given everybody a fair chance to react to the list and prepare their documents.

Canada is a great place, we love it here. But the wall of bureaucracy and red tape surrounding it is regrettably likely to put a lot of good people off trying

Wayne.
We have spent a heap on the processes: certificates, IELTS, ICAS, notaries etc. Prior years and this. This year because if we didn't we would not have had the time, they announced so late.

I guess it is not the government's job to care, but I care about my hard earned money and I think in fairness consideration to us would be appreciated.

Last edited by januarymix; Apr 24th 2013 at 6:16 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:30 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
AND I seriously doubt anyone will have their credential assessment tied up by that date. ICAS are quoting three months at that the moment and that will only get worse.
I would expect the times to get longer.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:10 pm
Canadian Wannabe :-)

BabyG will become famous soon enoughBabyG will become famous soon enough

Plan C has a lot going for it, Canadian girls are awesome!!

Well I hope Canadian guys think us British girls are awesome too.

Of course if I ever decide to swing the other way....!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

now, now miss, you must know making a comment like that is tempting fate if some of our more seasoned posters see it
Old May 1st 2013, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

When the backgrounder states that "CIC will update application kits and web materials before the new FSWP is launched on May 4, 2013" I'm starting to think that will be 11:59pm on the 3rd.

I wish they would hurry up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.