FSW List Announced Today

Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:37 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW List Announced Today

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Did you work on the IEC programme
No, fortunately
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
No, fortunately
Perhaps you should volunteer your services to CIC as they seem to be having one or two complaints about the new online IEC programme.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:43 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Perhaps you should volunteer your services to CIC as they seem to be having one or two complaints about the new online IEC programme.
I think I'll pass.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

< snip >! Great big pile of < sniping > < snip >!

< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!

Back to the drawing board.

Circa £1,000 down and thoroughly < sniped > off. At least I got out of that lawyer situation before they bled me dryer than Pharaoh 's flip-flop.

Edit: Thank you to everyone on here who has taken the time to help me and answer my questions. If I can work out an alternative way in I'll probably be back to pester you all again at a later date.

Special mentions:
Christmasoompa (despite heavily editing my industrial English)
AmyDavid
graham1710
Howefamily
siouxie

Last edited by gb_griffiths; Apr 18th 2013 at 6:24 pm. Reason: To offer thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:45 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Time for a very stiff drink I think

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
< snip >! Great big pile of < sniping > < snip >!

< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!

Back to the drawing board.

Circa £1,000 down and thoroughly < sniped > off. At least I got out of that lawyer situation before the bled me dryer than Pharaoh 's flip-flop.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Time for a very stiff drink I think
Already on it my man. Already on it. I read the NOCs available. Checked if I could sneak in on the only finance one there. I couldn't. Hit the beer.

I hope you make it buddy.

Last edited by gb_griffiths; Apr 18th 2013 at 6:25 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Already on it my man. Already on it. I read the NOCs available. Checked if I could sneak in on the only finance one there. I couldn't. Hit the beer.

I hope you make buddy.
Thanks for the thanks, much appreciated

I thought it unlikely that accountants would be on the list, to be honest, so your next option is to perhaps look into one of the PNP streams. Convert your qualifications to Canadian recognised ones - I suspect they won't look at your resume unless you do - and start contacting employers again.

Keep your chin up - there are ways and means.

Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:01 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Come on people - positive thoughts. More thinking and maybe some more hard work are required, but you can find a way to get here. It's just more of a pain now.

Last edited by AmyDavid; Apr 18th 2013 at 6:01 pm. Reason: Terrible spelling ;0)
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
Thanks for the thanks, much appreciated

I thought it unlikely that accountants would be on the list, to be honest, so your next option is to perhaps look into one of the PNP streams. Convert your qualifications to Canadian recognised ones - I suspect they won't look at your resume unless you do - and start contacting employers again.

Keep your chin up - there are ways and means.

I am inclined to just get on a plane and come over there this summer. Visit a number of provinces and hang around the seedier parts of town, you know where the bankers are. See if I can make some connections (or have a shot-gun marriage to a Canadian). At the very worst it'd be a mega holiday.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:25 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

I am inclined to just get on a plane and come over there this summer. Visit a number of provinces and hang around the seedier parts of town, you know where the bankers are. See if I can make some connections (or have a shot-gun marriage to a Canadian). At the very worst it'd be a mega holiday.
Buy a ticket and go over make some connections and I'm sure it will be worth your while
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:25 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

It's the best way to find work - actually come knocking on doors and meet potential employers.

Good luck!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Great news if your occupation is one of the 24 on the list and you get your app in before the 5000 cap. I'd imagine there are a lot of disappointed folk out there. Me included, looks like its TWP or bust for me
Computer programmers are on the list and there's total cap of 300.

Hmm, anyone taking bets as to how many seconds after 9am on 4th May it will be before the cap is full?

Ironically I am a computer programmer but when I came to Canada my occupation wasn't deemed in-demand, my wife's pharmacy skills were.

I think if I were applying now I'd book myself a holiday to Nova Scotia for the first week in May and hand the application in person over the desk (standing in a queue of 200+ other developers with the same idea)...... ;p

Wayne.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

DingDandDoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, whats the process in applying for this. I work as a computer engineer and its on the list. Do i need a job offer for this visa? Also, how much does it cost?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

On the plus side I can finally stop following JK on twitter avoid his banal updates.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:01 pm

On the plus side I can finally stop following JK on twitter avoid his banal updates.
Maybe follow Will Ferrell instead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.