FSW EE

Old Jul 2nd 2021, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Welshieabroad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW EE

Finally got everything sorted to apply. After going around in circles we decided the easiest thing to do was apply for FSW. I know it's not open ATM but we have other less straight forward options if we need to.
We got our IELTS results back and ended up with a score of 460
Lower than we thought sadly!
But I'm going to put the profile together and sit in hope for a few months before going down other routes.
Come on 460!
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 10:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW EE

Originally Posted by Welshieabroad
Finally got everything sorted to apply. After going around in circles we decided the easiest thing to do was apply for FSW. I know it's not open ATM but we have other less straight forward options if we need to.
We got our IELTS results back and ended up with a score of 460
Lower than we thought sadly!
But I'm going to put the profile together and sit in hope for a few months before going down other routes.
Come on 460!
460 is normally a good score, although with lots of people waiting for more FSW draws, it could be higher for a while. There are approx 28,000 people at the mo in the pool scoring higher than you, but they may all have applied under CEC, no way of knowing unfortunately.

When does the principal applicant have a birthday and will that drop them points or are they young enough?
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

The next birthday is end of September so scarily close! And it would drop points!
We aren't in a position to move until at least next year so I thought it would be worth getting in the pool and going from there
Not holding out a huge amount of hope but as the easiest option, it is what we are going for for now!
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Does maternity leave count towards time in work if it has been with the same employer etc?
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 8:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshieabroad
Does maternity leave count towards time in work if it has been with the same employer etc?
Count for what - the minimum one year's skilled work experience, or years of experience for points purposes? Usually no, but if you can clarify hopefully somebody can give you a better answer.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 11:03 am
Just Joined

So I have worked for the same employer (originally full time then part time) for 8 years.
When asked about how many years work experience, I put 6 or more as I had been there 8 years.
Filling in work history and it got a little complicated as I hadn't thought about maternity leave. So is it 8 years or 8 years less three years maternity leave so only 5 years?
Does that make any more sense?!
I'm worried that I put 6 years plus but really working on the job is 5 years!
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 3:15 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Think of it this way - you would normally need to be physically working (i.e. hands on.. ) for the time to count. When you are counting time for work experience you can't 'round it up' - you have to determine the hours worked to see how many years that equals. Your part time hours would be added together to determine the amount of months / years worked in total. So you may have been employed by the same company for 8 years, but you have physically worked for them for less..

For example (as I understand it - please wait for confirmation) - if you worked for 4 years full time then took 2 years maternity leave - then went back part time and worked 15 hours a week for a year... (780 hours which is 6 months) your total work experience for would be 4.5 years.. not 8

See: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...s.html#skilled
  • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
  • equal amount in part-time work: for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
  • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much