Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW cat2 anyone recieved THE email.

FSW cat2 anyone recieved THE email.

Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:01 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW cat2 anyone recieved THE email.

Originally Posted by pfw
Exactly the same for us - got our AOR about 3 weeks ago (FSW 2).

My TWP expires in March next year, so we will be renewing it.

I'd be interested to know if FSW 2 was processed in any different way. In our case, quotas probably don't make any sense - if we are refused PR, my TWP is not extended or FSW 2 rules change we will move back to the UK, I will work doing the same job from London instead of Toronto, and will pay tax to UK plc instead of Canada plc. I appreciate that's not the case for everyone though.
Our TWP runs out next march also. We were hoping that PR would come through before then.

If our TW is not extended or we dont get PR then we are up the proverbial without a paddle - but I guess that the chance we took.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by helcat12
And those piles are also split into Cat1 and Cat2 (and Family Class and the rest, I suppose).
I have no idea how the staff manage this. It must be a nightmare trying to cross reference everybody with which set of rules they are being processed under. Is anyone really sure how they are counting the quota for Cat 1 anyway i.e. did they start counting with everyone who was granted PR under Cat1 after June 23rd, with those who applied after June 23rd and count them on the day they were received or are they going to count them when they are granted PR ..... ? Any way you look at it, it is an administrative nightmare!
I think, and its my opinion only, that those applying after June 26th this year will be the start of next year's quota. It's unlikely they will go to" in process" much before the end of this year, as my understanding is that they havent even started looking at them yet, CIO is still sifting through the end of the old system. Scary really that next year's quota could effectively be filled with those applying from June 26 this year

CIC must be constantly be jugging balls, to keep everyone happy.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

they've been juggling my balls for almost 2 years now
Old Aug 27th 2010, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by spaceace
they've been juggling my balls for almost 2 years now
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

And those piles are also split into Cat1 and Cat2 (and Family Class and the rest, I suppose).
I have no idea how the staff manage this. It must be a nightmare trying to cross reference everybody with which set of rules they are being processed under. Is anyone really sure how they are counting the quota for Cat 1 anyway i.e. did they start counting with everyone who was granted PR under Cat1 after June 23rd, with those who applied after June 23rd and count them on the day they were received or are they going to count them when they are granted PR ..... ? Any way you look at it, it is an administrative nightmare!
I can only imagine what an Administrative tangle CIC have to deal with

I wonder what's going to happen to those of us who applied under the now defunct Category 3? Hopefully they'll just want to clear us out quickly to get rid of us!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:47 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I think, and its my opinion only, that those applying after June 26th this year will be the start of next year's quota. It's unlikely they will go to" in process" much before the end of this year, as my understanding is that they havent even started looking at them yet, CIO is still sifting through the end of the old system. Scary really that next year's quota could effectively be filled with those applying from June 26 this year
I think the same and yes, I think you are right that it may have effectively put the stop on immigration through the Cat 1 route for a while. The language test is going to be a bottleneck as well, without a doubt. There just isn't the capacity here for the massive rise in numbers that has been generated by the new rules.
I personally think that Cat 1 has been a problem for Canada domestically because of recession and Canadians finding the job market strained. Letting in immigrants is always politically difficult in such times. Cat 2 is a bit different as the stringent LMO rules mean they can justify that immigrant as having something no Canadian in that area has so there is no conflict. I think the June changes will see many potential immigrants who just want to get out of the UK choosing to try other countries rather than Canada and I don't think Canada will actually mind that. This is about them being a lot more choosy about who they accept and that is presumably partly a result of feedback from the consultation they undertook prior to making the changes. It is difficult at the moment and many people will be disappointed, but I think it will be better for those who succeed in getting there as Canada will be stronger and more prosperous as a result. I just hope to be one of them!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

Hello all!

it's raining here.. drizzle. reminds me of 'home'.. anyways..

I'm here on a TWP which runs out next April and I was also hoping that I would have my PR before then, but after a flurry of activity in February (90 day letter) and my docs sent to them in May, I have heard nothing.. with all this 'capping' business and still to go through Medicals etc, I have a feeling I will be trying to extend my TWP.

Is there any other way to check your status online/get more detail? through the CIC site, when I log in, I just get 'In Progress'.. since Oct 2007 (old (OLD) Queue..)

I've sent 'them' an email.. but just got the usual reply of 'Got docs.. now waiting for review!'.. and there was me getting my hopes up after their letter stating my application would be 'expedited' due to offer of employment..
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:42 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alanandson
Hello all!

it's raining here.. drizzle. reminds me of 'home'.. anyways..

I'm here on a TWP which runs out next April and I was also hoping that I would have my PR before then, but after a flurry of activity in February (90 day letter) and my docs sent to them in May, I have heard nothing.. with all this 'capping' business and still to go through Medicals etc, I have a feeling I will be trying to extend my TWP.

Is there any other way to check your status online/get more detail? through the CIC site, when I log in, I just get 'In Progress'.. since Oct 2007 (old (OLD) Queue..)

I've sent 'them' an email.. but just got the usual reply of 'Got docs.. now waiting for review!'.. and there was me getting my hopes up after their letter stating my application would be 'expedited' due to offer of employment..
Do I understand correctly that you are in Canada now? If so, then why not telephone CIC? You can do so toll free from there and speak to a .
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

I thought this was only if you'd applied from within Canada. We're in Canada, but applied outside of Canada..

I could just stop wondering and give them a phone, however. ..

cheers,
Alan
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:27 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Alanandson
I thought this was only if you'd applied from within Canada. We're in Canada, but applied outside of Canada..

I could just stop wondering and give them a phone, however. ..

cheers,
Alan
Well, we haven't even put our application in yet (just waiting for Bank to send Bankers Draft - coming next week) and yet OH telephoned this week to ask a question about having only 1 copy of Language test results and they were fine.
Ours was only a general query, but at least you get to speak to a person so you can just ask about your case reference and if they don't know there's nothing lost, I suppose.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:10 am

I think the same and yes, I think you are right that it may have effectively put the stop on immigration through the Cat 1 route for a while. The language test is going to be a bottleneck as well, without a doubt. There just isn't the capacity here for the massive rise in numbers that has been generated by the new rules.
I personally think that Cat 1 has been a problem for Canada domestically because of recession and Canadians finding the job market strained. Letting in immigrants is always politically difficult in such times. Cat 2 is a bit different as the stringent LMO rules mean they can justify that immigrant as having something no Canadian in that area has so there is no conflict. I think the June changes will see many potential immigrants who just want to get out of the UK choosing to try other countries rather than Canada and I don't think Canada will actually mind that. This is about them being a lot more choosy about who they accept and that is presumably partly a result of feedback from the consultation they undertook prior to making the changes. It is difficult at the moment and many people will be disappointed, but I think it will be better for those who succeed in getting there as Canada will be stronger and more prosperous as a result. I just hope to be one of them!
You make some very good points. I agree that Canada is being very careful with its numbers, and rightly so, if the UK had been able to control immigration like Canada, then it might not be in the sorry mess it is today - the joys of being an EU member eh.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 5:14 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
You make some very good points. I agree that Canada is being very careful with its numbers, and rightly so, if the UK had been able to control immigration like Canada, then it might not be in the sorry mess it is today - the joys of being an EU member eh.
When discussing the rigours of the process with friends, many of them have said the same thing regarding immigration to the UK. I am sure that many excellent applicants are put off or don't make the grade for Canada, which is a great shame, but countries with a great deal to offer and who are economically pulling out or the recession ahead of the pack can afford to be choosy.
I am just hoping we are accepted and I can be back with my OH as soon as possible. After only a week apart we are already desperate to be back together. What a sad pair!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

With the UK it's not even just the EU immigration issue, it's non-EU also. Just looking at the timelines on Trackitt.com for the UK is very revealing, many immigrate as skilled workers within a month of submitting the application.