Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW Cat 1 under new scheme - Medical requests arrived!!!!!!!!

FSW Cat 1 under new scheme - Medical requests arrived!!!!!!!!

Old May 9th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute
Default FSW Cat 1 under new scheme - Medical requests arrived!!!!!!!!

For FSW Cat 1 under new scheme.

Medical requests arrived in the post today - only one minor problem to address. There is a typo on my birth certificate 'o' instead of 'e' regarding my first name that CIC have spotted so need to try and get an amended birth certificate.

Managed to sail through school, get a bank account, get married and obtain a passport without a problem using my birth certificate.

Never mind, hopefully I should be able to sort it at the registrar next week. Will book medicals on Monday at Altrincham or Leeds depending on length of waiting time.

Just one question - I had an hysterectomy 12 years ago do I need to obtain a report from my doctors prior to the medical or not? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone in the queue whether on the new or old scheme,

Poppit
Old May 9th 2009, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FSW Cat 1 under new scheme - Medical requests arrived!!!!!!!!

my advice to you at the time of booking the appointment as the DMP administator as they will know whether you will need the information or not. At Leeds I rang on the Thursday and got an appointment for the Monday. Leeds do the Canadian medicals 3 times per week at the minute, I think CIC have asked for slot to get through processing applications quicker. Even if you need the information and dont have it there and then. You have a week between meds and results so really you have a good 10 days to obtain if you need it so that it is sent in with all you medical details. Just so you know any additional information that they have asked of me I have emailed it too them, then posted of copies for them to submit. It just means DMP can review scanned in copy to speed things up.

Hope this helps
Old May 9th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppit
For FSW Cat 1 under new scheme.

Medical requests arrived in the post today - only one minor problem to address. There is a typo on my birth certificate 'o' instead of 'e' regarding my first name that CIC have spotted so need to try and get an amended birth certificate.

Managed to sail through school, get a bank account, get married and obtain a passport without a problem using my birth certificate.

Never mind, hopefully I should be able to sort it at the registrar next week. Will book medicals on Monday at Altrincham or Leeds depending on length of waiting time.

Just one question - I had an hysterectomy 12 years ago do I need to obtain a report from my doctors prior to the medical or not? Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Good luck to everyone in the queue whether on the new or old scheme,

Poppit
Hi Poppit
Great news about the med request & hope you manage to get things sorted with typo on your birth certificate . Can I ask about the timeline
of your application so far it's I'm on the fsw cat1 route and would be interested in how long after your AOR you then received your med requests .
regards
joinerboy
Old May 9th 2009, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone interested, I have included our timeline:

Sent application 20 Dec 08 to Sydney.
Received 120 day letter dated 15 January 09.
Sent docs registered post to London 2 March, received 3 March.
Received AOR with ecas file number, letter dated 20 March 09.
Medical requests received 9 May 09.

Poppit
Old May 9th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Thats great news and interesting to compare your timeline.

Your AOR date is 12 days before ours...lets see if our med request comes in around 21st May 09
Old May 9th 2009, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Poppit, delighted to hear the good news! And a little selfishly for us too, hope we're next!

Do you mind me asking, had you already sent your final fee or was that requested too? We sent ours with our documentation back in March and they cashed the bank draft on 20th April.

Last edited by Walsh Clan; May 9th 2009 at 4:49 am.
Old May 9th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for all the good wishes.

We have not been asked for the final fee. We only sent the initial fee to Nova Scotia.

The letter states' allow 2 - 3 months for the medicals to be processed.

I will ring and book medicals on Monday - have to take Passport and 3 more photos for the chest x-rays. Will sort out typo on birth certificate and then send the 'new' one to CIC. Hopefully, this won't delay our application.

Yours won't be long - will keep everything crossed for you all.

Poppit
Old May 9th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Initial fee?? we sent 1400CAD to Sydney
Old May 9th 2009, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Initial application fee for 2 adults, can't remember the precise amount $1100 I think.

We have not paid the RPRF (request for permanent residency fee).

Poppit
Old May 9th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Thanks for that!
Old May 9th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Initial application fee for 2 adults, can't remember the precise amount $1100 I think.

We have not paid the RPRF (request for permanent residency fee).

Poppit
Hi we just sent off our initial application to Sydney NS 24/04/09 along with $1100 CAD, judging by your timeline we should hopefully receive our 120 day letter around 23rd May which incidently is my birthday so I will be over the moon if thats the case, did you get any acknowledgment of receipt of your application as we are worrying if it got there ok, Royal Mail track and trace only go as far as "passed to Canada overseas office for delivery"
Congrats on the Medicals by the way
Old May 9th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

If you use Royal Mail AirSure you can trace it once it's on Canadian soil using the same tracking code.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Mags1972

No we didn't get an acknowledgement from Sydney. Processing seems to be fairly quick at the moment, I'm sure it will slow down a little as more applications are received.

Hope you hear soon - would be a nice birthday for you.

Goodluck and thank you.

Poppit
Old May 9th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Mags1972

No we didn't get an acknowledgement from Sydney. Processing seems to be fairly quick at the moment, I'm sure it will slow down a little as more applications are received.

Hope you hear soon - would be a nice birthday for you.

Goodluck and thank you.

Poppit
Thanks Poppit same to you and thanks spaceace, I'll remember that for further use if needed
Old May 9th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi Poppit

Thanks for letting us know about your medical request. We are about 6 weeks behind you (just behind Welsh Clan and Spaceace).

Now I am unsure whether to change our address to the Canadian one (will have permanent address by next week) now we are out here in Toronto or wait until we get med requests and then change.

Don't want to delay the next stage and have heard that the Canadian post can be very slow but also not sure whether we are allowed to stick with UK address but get meds done in Canada. BTW - all our post is being redirected to my mam's.

Anyone advise on this one?

Thanks

Lucy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.