FSW Cat 1 Query Help Please

Old Sep 6th 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

ascotbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW Cat 1 Query Help Please

Hi all, my app is being processed as per "the job list" of nov 2008 and I am confused with regards the following.

I am in the UK and sending my app to the London Visa Office.
1. The various forms and schedules I sent to Sydney for myself and my wife/ children. Do I just take another copy or do I have to re write originals again ?

2. References for myself in my designated role. Do I simpply have to provide for the last 10 years or go back 20 years to my apprenticeship ?

3. Does my wife have to provide job references ?

Have heard conflicting statements on the above so would be most keen to hear from someone who has hd their application successfully processed.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW Cat 1 Query Help Please

Originally Posted by ascotbilly
Hi all, my app is being processed as per "the job list" of nov 2008 and I am confused with regards the following.

I am in the UK and sending my app to the London Visa Office.
1. The various forms and schedules I sent to Sydney for myself and my wife/ children. Do I just take another copy or do I have to re write originals again ?

2. References for myself in my designated role. Do I simpply have to provide for the last 10 years or go back 20 years to my apprenticeship ?

3. Does my wife have to provide job references ?

Have heard conflicting statements on the above so would be most keen to hear from someone who has hd their application successfully processed.
1. You can take a copy of all the forms you sent to Sydney and send to London providing there are no changes.

2 & 3. If you are applying now why do you refer to the job list Nov 2008? The NOC list changed this year. Also the London Visa office guidelines clearly state who needs references and for how many years. This also changed this year and I applied before the change but I think you now both have to provide references. Just check the London visa office guidelines.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

ascotbilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW Cat 1 Query Help Please

Originally Posted by Melsa

2 & 3. If you are applying now why do you refer to the job list Nov 2008?.
Posted my app to sydney Mar 10 received 120 day letter mid July 10 stating application being processed under the rules of the 120 job list which a you correctly stated has been superseded.